now on GEM...

pcreek

Think it was posted there as it is a warning for the disease found there. Luckily, we are fine - we were there a few weeks ago.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

I believe I said not sure why it was "only" posted on that board. I was merely giving the OP some insight and not all future cruisers use the port of call boards especially if you have been to the islands many times. I will bring bug spray when we return there in a few weeks. We were there 3 weeks ago.

I will bring bug spray when we return there in a few weeks. We were there 3 weeks ago.

Added bug spray to our list also.....although I hate the stuff. We live right by "ground zero" where west Nile was located, and we often...often get aerial sprayed at night, and it works great controlling the little buggers. Haven't heard any complaints from past cruisers - So don't worry....be happy.......

As always in life an ounce of prevention.......

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

"Clinical Disease

A majority of people infected with chikungunya virus become symptomatic. The incubation period is typically 3–7 days (range, 2–12 days). The most common clinical findings are acute onset of fever and polyarthralgia. Joint pains are often severe and debilitating. Other symptoms may include headache, myalgia, arthritis, or rash. Persons at risk for more severe disease include neonates (aged <1 month) exposed intrapartum, older adults (e.g., > 65 years), and persons with underlying medical conditions (e.g., hypertension, diabetes, or cardiovascular disease).

"

WOW - I think this is what I had! I was off the ship in St. Maartin - on Friday - and was sleeping 20 out of 24hrs on Tuesday. I was tired, achy all over, headache and probably had fever, as I was hot / cold and had chills. I felt much better on Wed. morning.

Thanks for posting! At least I know what I had! :rolleyes:

"Clinical Disease

A majority of people infected with chikungunya virus become symptomatic. The incubation period is typically 3–7 days (range, 2–12 days). The most common clinical findings are acute onset of fever and polyarthralgia. Joint pains are often severe and debilitating. Other symptoms may include headache, myalgia, arthritis, or rash. Persons at risk for more severe disease include neonates (aged <1 month) exposed intrapartum, older adults (e.g., > 65 years), and persons with underlying medical conditions (e.g., hypertension, diabetes, or cardiovascular disease).

"

WOW - I think this is what I had! I was off the ship in St. Maartin - on Friday - and was sleeping 20 out of 24hrs on Tuesday. I was tired, achy all over, headache and probably had fever, as I was hot / cold and had chills. I felt much better on Wed. morning.

Thanks for posting! At least I know what I had! :rolleyes:

Just wanted you to have a heads up. We were there the week before you.