Remind me-Nativeway Stingray, reef & rum point

mitsugirly

We are doing the Stingray, reef & rum point with Nativeway in a few weeks.

I can't for the life of me remember if people said that the meal and drinks at Rum Point is included with the price or you have to purchase separately? I do remember people saying that they gave you a menu and you picked what you wanted and they would have it ready for when you arrive, but I don't remember if there was a cost involved additionally.

If the drinks are not included...what do they have? Are alcoholic drinks included? Soft drinks?

One last question: If we have to meet at 9:30am Cayman time, will the ship be on their time? We will be on NCL Jewel in 2 weeks. I know that the ships usually change their clocks here and there during the cruise, but I'm wondering if the ship time will be the same time in Cayman.

Thanks. :)

The ship won't be on GC time. But Nativeway Watersports will take you whenever you arrive. They should give you specific directions for how quickly you need to get off your ship. As I recall, the food was included in the price. I can't recall whether we just had basic non-alcoholic punch and sodas included. There are places to buy alcoholic drinks at Rum Point.

The ship won't be on GC time. But Nativeway Watersports will take you whenever you arrive. They should give you specific directions for how quickly you need to get off your ship. As I recall, the food was included in the price. I can't recall whether we just had basic non-alcoholic punch and sodas included. There are places to buy alcoholic drinks at Rum Point.

Actually they won't take you at just any time. That was part of the mix up last time and we were left. They told us that the ship was on GC time and when to meet and when we got there, they had already left. It was a really big mix up and disappointment.

We did this tour a few years ago with Nativeway. Great tour!! We got to choose our lunch before we got there and they had it ready for us. Drinks were not included and are a little pricey. We had rum punch and the cost was $10/each. With inflation, the price may have increased, lol!!

Enjoy your tour!! It was a great day for us and we loved Rum Point Beach!!

I can't remember about the time difference, though, sorry!

We did this tour a few years ago with Nativeway. Great tour!! We got to choose our lunch before we got there and they had it ready for us. Drinks were not included and are a little pricey. We had rum punch and the cost was $10/each. With inflation, the price may have increased, lol!!

Enjoy your tour!! It was a great day for us and we loved Rum Point Beach!!

I can't remember about the time difference, though, sorry!

Thanks for the info. So NO drinks were included at all? Is that what you're saying? Like they didn't have any bottled water, soda, regular punch or anything with the meal?

Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it.

Thanks for the info. So NO drinks were included at all? Is that what you're saying? Like they didn't have any bottled water, soda, regular punch or anything with the meal?

Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it.

Correct, NO drinks were included. We bought ours at the bar/restaurant. You could also purchase other drinks that you listed. There were picnic tables there to eat.

I don't know if Nativeway has changed their tour to include drinks? Have you emailed them to ask?

Correct, NO drinks were included. We bought ours at the bar/restaurant. You could also purchase other drinks that you listed. There were picnic tables there to eat.

I don't know if Nativeway has changed their tour to include drinks? Have you emailed them to ask?

I think I will do that (email them) because their website only says " It’s led by experienced, lively local guides and includes a generous picnic lunch (for you, plus a special meal for the stingrays!) and plenty of beverages." But it doesn't say if it's included or you have to pay for them. :confused:

According to the email I received from Nativeway:

We provide free use of all snorkeling gear and vests, food for the Rays, and complimentary punch and bottled water. At Rum Point, you will be given a nice grilled lunch.

So it looks like they give you free punch and bottled water. So that's good. We may want to still purchase a drink or two depending on how long we are there.

Anyone know how much soda is there?

The drink menu is here:

http://www.rumpointclub.com/drink-menu

They also have a cooler of ice water and cups available for self-serve cold water.

Oh my gosh. Thanks so much for the link. I also seen (at the bottom of that page) that they have a facebook page that I can look around on and get a better feel for the place.

I see they have a dock there (of course for docking the boat we will come in on), but can anyone tell me if there's any snorkeling around that area of the beach/dock?

Also, anyone that has done this trip before know how long they give you there?

I see they have a dock there (of course for docking the boat we will come in on), but can anyone tell me if there's any snorkeling around that area of the beach/dock?

Also, anyone that has done this trip before know how long they give you there?

I think they have snorkeling there. We ate, and relaxed a bit, and then it was time to leave. A very enjoyable day.