Princess Cays Dune Buggy

butternut1

Do you get a chance to drive fast in the buggy?

Not really. The road down to the south end of the island is mostly buckled, broken asphalt. I would guess that the fastest we went was maybe 15 mph, and over the buckled road it was more like 5 - 10 mph. But the end of the island is beautiful, and the beach is very fine white sand.

Hint - cover your camera well while driving, that fine sand and grit that gets kicked up by the buggy in front of you can jam up your camera. Ask me how I know. I had to buy a new camera when we got to St. Thomas a couple of days later.:(

I haven't taken this excursion, but after seeing Pescado Amarillo's post on her blog today, I reserved it for our Feb. Emerald cruise before they all sold out. It's $185 per buggy, but it holds two people, so that helps some :)

Howard

Thanks for sharing. :cool:

Tony

I just booked it for a Feb 2018 cruise. The price is $169.99.

On the web page for booking this excursions it tells you to check the box for everyone going. Only way down at the bottom of the page under Special Notes does it say the excursion is sold by the buggy and that a buggy will hold two people. If you checked the box for both yourself and your spouse then go to the check out page it will show charging each of you the $169.99.

I went back and unchecked the box for my spouse and then proceeded to pay for the excursion with OBC.

I guess I will find out when we get there if they will allow the wife to get in the buggy with me.

They need to change the web page instructions to remove the conflicting statements.

Hubby and I did the Dune Buggy excursion Nov. 2014. Was a bumpy ride for sure. Had a good time but it's probably a one time thing for us.

Spent some time at a beach, be sure to apply insect repellent BEFORE you start! I got bitten by sand fleas, took a good 4 weeks for all the spots

to go away.