Cove Balcony ?

kah1829

We are relatively new cruisers (one cruise last year on Freedom) and are getting ready to book the Breeze in Nov. 2014 - YAY!!! I have tried to book with a travel agent who says "she refuses to book Carnival" well we refuse to pay so much more when we were very happy with Carnival! So I am relying on the VERY knowledgeable people on CC for a little help!

What exactly is a cove balcony? It's available on the cruise we are booking. We want a balcony for sure. Is it better than a regular balcony? On our last cruise we were on Verandah deck with a regular balcony.

Many thanks for your help!!!! It is for myself, husband and 2 boys, ages 11 and 8.

We are relatively new cruisers (one cruise last year on Freedom) and are getting ready to book the Breeze in Nov. 2014 - YAY!!! I have tried to book with a travel agent who says "she refuses to book Carnival" well we refuse to pay so much more when we were very happy with Carnival! So I am relying on the VERY knowledgeable people on CC for a little help!

What exactly is a cove balcony? It's available on the cruise we are booking. We want a balcony for sure. Is it better than a regular balcony? On our last cruise we were on Verandah deck with a regular balcony.

Many thanks for your help!!!! It is for myself, husband and 2 boys, ages 11 and 8.

They are located on deck 2, and are set back in the ship, and under the lifeboats. That sounds terrible but it is actually very nice and private. You don't get the sun you get on regular balconies, so if it's sun you want then you won't like these.

We had one on the Dream in February and it was amazing being that close to the water. Google some pictures and judge for yourself.

Really enjoyed the cove I just had on the Dream. I sailed the Breeze in January with a Spa balcony. We loved the location of the spa cabin but really loved the quiet of the cove balcony and the location wasn't bad either just farther away from the Lido in the mornings. The lifeboats above didn't bother us and we booked on the we could open up to the next cabin where our friends were. Not all of the partitions open and the one thing that didn't bother us was that the door actually takes up part of the window when opened.

Edited by JaniceB

We have our first Cove Balcony reserved for our cruise next month on the Magic. We have learned they are 45 sq ft, compared to 35 sq ft of the other regular balconies. The price was cheaper than the regular balcony too. They are on 2nd floor, and we have heard to make sure you watch where you get your room (pay attention to what is above you in the deck plans). They are about 30' from the water. The staff can come through and close off the waterproof door if seas get rough, but it just makes your room into an ocean view for that time period. Who would want to be on ANY balcony if seas are rough?

We are excited to experience this type balcony for the first time - and the price couldn't be beat.