New Sample dinner menu posted!

Hgu314

Are you sure it's "clearly only a portion of the Feast menu? If I was a betting man, I would bet that this is it. Yes you might be able to special order a flat iron steak but there will me limited choices. Reduced menu items, reduced cost. Carnival has trained me well. At least they have me understanding their devious minds when it comes to "brilliant" cost cutting ideas. In my mind, Carnival is becoming the Wal-Mart of the seas!

I think I should have dropped a semi-colon in there somewhere to add inflection. Just meant that the postings early this afternoon were of the feast menu, but clearly just a portion of the overall changes, meaning other days menus and what is changing in the MDR physically speaking. Sometimes inflection gets lost on the internet and a point comes across differently than intended.

I think I should have dropped a semi-colon in there somewhere to add inflection. Just meant that the postings early this afternoon were of the feast menu, but clearly just a portion of the overall changes, meaning other days menus and what is changing in the MDR physically speaking. Sometimes inflection gets lost on the internet and a point comes across differently than intended.

No reflection on you. If you thought I was critical of you I apologize. My only point was that if I was releasing this menu I would release the entire "Feast" menu. (which I am betting they did) Less items offered less cost.

I'm very pleased with the new dining concept, looks like a step in the right direction (and no notable downgrades). The individual vs. family style issue is insignificant because you can order as much food as you want. We've typically ordered multiple appetizers / entrees for the table so everyone could try the things they want... The family portions will make it easier to share some of the apps!

From what I see so far of the sample menus, I believe I will like it.

As far as the Feast menu is concerned, the one page posted may be all of it. I did ask John if that was all but may not receive a reply today as it is fairly late over there.

The Table menu will have roughly the same number of choices per day as the current menu. Based on what I see so far, I don't think there will be that many major differences.

The thing I just don't see is the "cost cutting" that everyone seems to be preaching.

I think that it stinks that the entire fleet isn't switching to this menu sooner. We all got so excited for the new changes and now find out it won't happen for a while. Guess its the old menus for my Xmas Valor cruise.

Ahhhhhh well...

I'm still cruisin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I think that it stinks that the entire fleet isn't switching to this menu sooner. We all got so excited for the new changes and now find out it won't happen for a while. Guess its the old menus for my Xmas Valor cruise.

Ahhhhhh well...

I'm still cruisin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Agree with you 100%!!

We're on the Liberty next week and it gets the new menu in January! ARGHHHH!!!:mad:

For those who haven't seen it yet (I didn't see it referenced above) here is the sample American Table menu

http://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/American-Menu.pdf?70c39f

The food looks good and I welcome the Port of Call section, however, I did notice that they no longer seem to indicate which (if any) of the meals might be healthier. This could be a real concern for my family.

The 'For the Table' concerns me a bit. We travel as a family of 5 and generally end up at our own table especially as we do ATD. That Flatbread sound yummy to ME but I am the only person that would eat that at my table. I'd feel wasteful ordering a whole flatbread that is meant to be shared for just myself!

I can't wait to see the rest of the menu (there are no deserts listed on the American Table example)!

Edited by Princess Ariel

I don't like the idea of family style with singles...

friends of mine went on Breeze without group and were seated with a family - grandparents, parents, a teen and a 10 year old....my friends mostly ate at buffet LOL except for "elegant" nights

Now...true tableside was years ago on Princess - Italian waiters flambe mushrooms....flambe bananas foster, cherries jubilee

I just was on MSC Divina...>NO cutbacks there....beautiful dressed staff, elegant, huge shrimp in regular dining room.....brie cheese and shrimp scampi and tons more on buffet

drinks coupons mean drinks are $6.85 each LOL>> I am on Conquest this month and hope to enjoy

but...want to go back to MSC,....btw we had best entertainment ever on a ship...I counted about 54 people including the cruise director = dancers, singers, specialty /acrobatic acts, music groups, dueling pianos...

now that was how cruising used to be and still is on MSC it seems (and yeah they have americanized now - almost totally non smoking - and they do give u ice water haha.....they also have orange/pineapple/cranberry juice from early morning till 5 pm...and ice tea all day and night

buffet open 20 hrs a day

Loved it...will write a comparison review maybe??

I can't wait to see the rest of the menu (there are no deserts listed on the American Table example)!

Also from John Heald's FB

American Table menu I posted earlier. Remember , they are different each night but here is one night’s selection

WARM DATE AND FIG PUDDING

Passion fruit custard, house-made rum

raisin ice cream, pumpkin seed crunch

CARNIVAL MELTING CHOCOLATE CAKE

Vanilla ice cream, chocolate chip,

cocoa soil

NUTELLA TIRAMISU

Roasted hazelnuts, caramel

FOR THE TABLE – A WHOLE PIE, SERVED AND PRESENTED TABLESIDE AND OFFERED TO THE WHOLE TABLE

PIE A LA MODE

Vanilla ice cream

Sugar Free dessert choices will be available by request each night and I will have news on that as soon as I can.

Tuna and steak have a * by them....do they cost extra I wonder??

I too wonder how this will affect the "two top" diners.....how can they share these??

I imagine with larger tables like I sit at it will be ok BUT....not sure....what about everyday stuff/? where are the good fruity soups?? I like the soups on Carnival

Really a lot of us "share" appetizers and even entrees...like order one extra to split for table to taste...so not sure how this will work??

Tuna and steak have a * by them....do they cost extra I wonder??

Probably for the undercooked/rare health warning.

*Public health advisory: consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.

Edited by Princess Ariel

I can't speak for other parts of the US, but I live in the Southeast and "family style" dining is quite nice. A wide range of side dishes and appetizers that everyone can pick from and share. I think this is good and offers more variety at one seating instead of picking only one or two appetizers a night. I'm sure there will still be the usual starters for those who aren't into "family style" dining or just don't like the appetizers offered. An interesting development to say the least.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

Agree! They say they will try it on the Liberty in January. Fingers crossed, we sail on the 4th. I'll report back asap.

he wrote 'at bugger all extra charge'

bugger all is british slang for nothing, meaning 'no extra charge'.

Hey people, it is what it is and no amount of whining, complaining, waxing poetic about days gone by, and wishful thinking is going to change that.

Wait until you actually experience it and then vote with your wallet if it doesn't suit you.

It all sounds wonderful to me and i hope the new dining room changes will be on one of my upcoming cruises.

Me, i plan to enjoy myself no matter what kind of changes they make to anything.

I'll be cruising on a beautiful ship with more choices than i'll have time to even sample.

+5 :)

It's the pick from I object to. I've seen lots of people using their hands to pick from group foods. Not very sanitary.

Then don't order it. Or order it for yourself and don't share. Or sit by yourself or only with your partner. Or eat at the buffet. Or the Steakhouse. Or sail another line. So many choices!

From what I've seen, I like some of the ideas although I'll reserve judgment until somebody comes back and reports on all the menus. I like the port of call section for sure and the idea that our waiters will take drink orders instead of having to wait for the bar waiter. I don't love the family style idea for appetizers but it could work. As long as they keep creme brulee and escargots, I'll be happy. I'm just wondering if some of this will be a lot of extra work for the servers. Plus, I haven't ordered pasta yet at dinner on a ship so I will likely skip that.