New Sample dinner menu posted!

Hgu314

JHeald posted there are other items, this is just a sample. As with any Carnival program, I am sure there will be plenty of refinements and changes during and after the test period.

This needs to be emphasized. They aren't rolling it out fleetwide because they are trying to test new items and the new concepts. You can bet that the reception of these menus on the Glory will be measured and examined by corporate.

Then don't order it. Or order it for yourself and don't share. Or sit by yourself or only with your partner. Or eat at the buffet. Or the Steakhouse. Or sail another line. So many choices!

How about a bubble?

I find so many remarks on how the food will be served, touched, can't share with anyone but themselves, talk like they know exactly how things will be. Yet the first meal hasn't even happened.

You know the first time this starts, people will write in how disorganized things are, service was terrible etc.

It's the pick from I object to. I've seen lots of people using their hands to pick from group foods. Not very sanitary.

Haha! Not exactly what I meant when I wrote that. Pick, as in choose from. My Sourthernese is getting thr better of me. I too would not like the idea of literally "picking" food off a plate with my hands that others are sharing. "Waiter, utensils please!" :D

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

Anyone know if cloth napkins or paper napkins?

The napkins will probably be at that big counter with the ketchup and mustard packets between the straws and the sugar packets. Look for the big square trashcan where you put your trays.:(

The napkins will probably be at that big counter with the ketchup and mustard packets between the straws and the sugar packets. Look for the big square trashcan where you put your trays.:(

Sounds like most restaurants in Texas;)

Personally, I think this looks interesting. I like the port of call section and I'm curious to see the changes to table settings and service.

I am going to be on Glory next week and excited to be able to try out the new program firsthand.

If it blows I will be on lido eating burgers and burritos, but I honestly think this looks good. :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I read through the posts on facebock but I find it unclear what the American feat vs. American table is, and when each are available. Anyone have a clear understanding of this?

American Table will be on casual nights and American Feast will be on formal nights.

You can go to John Heald's blog and see a sample of each menu.

Really like the option of the sauces on the side. I usually like to ask for them on the side anyway instead of having it on Prime Rib for example. Love the Prime Rib but the sauce isn't really Au-Jus it's always thicker.

The new menus look good to me!

There's a choice of 8 appetizers and 10 entrees;

Calamari is on both of the "American Table" menus so it looks like it's an everyday item;

Different cuts of beef (steaks) on the grill;

Various sauces so you can choose your taste on the grilled items;

Variety of meat choices (different fishes, lamb, veal, etc);

Sides separated out so you can enjoy several different vegetables;

Sides separated out so you can order the potato/rice/pasta you want without ordering the entire entree;

Still has the "Didja" item that you may not try in "real life" if you were paying per appetizer for it (though renamed as "Rare find");