New Sample dinner menu posted!

Hgu314

Showed samples to my vegetarian daughter. The cruise is to celebrate her graduation. She wants me to check into changing to another line. Not very vegetarian friendly unless you want sides all the time or can eat mushrooms, which she nor I can.

You have to do what's best for you and your family but look into contacting Carnival's special needs department first. They're usually very good about making sure that people have enjoyable meals despite limitations.

You have to do what's best for you and your family but look into contacting Carnival's special needs department first. They're usually very good about making sure that people have enjoyable meals despite limitations.

I will probably wait til after the entire menu hits the boards when it starts on the Glory. There should be a lot of posts. Also, since she's allergic to mushrooms, I think they would provide some other substitute so she does not have salad and fries all the time.

Pity, she was looking forward to the Indian food.

Why would he even say that in a venue that normally doesn't charge for food? Don't get it.

There has been a lot of 'talk' by some stating that Carnival would start charging for certain dining options. Other than the Steakhouses and Specialty Coffee Shop, your food is part of your cruise fare.

I wish Splendor was switching before my Feb cruise.

I like the new menus.

(Edited because I hit send by accident.)

Is there a schedule out? I am on the Splendor in January and wondering if you're saying I won't have the new menus.

I’m all down for trying out this new menu and dining style. Quite frankly, after just five cruises, I’m not that much of a fan of the long sit-down dinner with the forced conversation with other guests anymore. I do it, but it’s not my favorite part of cruising.

Anyway, I would gather what’s been put out there is just a sample menu. And while I applaud John Heald for trying to explain things, me thinks his added information is only causing more confusion. I never worried way ahead of time what I was going to eat on a ship. So I’m not going to obsess over these menu changes or John’s confusing added info now. I will wait and see what happens when I sail next year. I’m not down with a whole bunch of extra pay-for options though. That’s all I’ll say about that.

Is there a schedule out? I am on the Splendor in January and wondering if you're saying I won't have the new menus.

Carnival Glory starts on 12/8.

Carnival Liberty starts in January

Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration start in February.

Carnival Glory starts on 12/8.

Carnival Liberty starts in January

Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration start in February.

I really hope it's fleetwide by May. That's when we'll be on thr Fantasy :)

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

Sometimes, depending on the venue we dine at. Some restaurants do sit you at a large table with others, it's their "dining style" and we expect this going there. But it's just large bowls and plates that get passed around the table and you put some of its contents onto a clean plate in front of you. I'm sure for those who don't like the idea of this "sharing with strangers" ATD will be available and you'll be seated with the party you came with unless otherwise requested.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

Family style dining is very popular in certain parts of Eastern, PA not far from where I live. We’ve done it several times. This would not be strange to me and IMO lends for a more friendly table atmosphere right off the bat. ;)

Meh. I like the concept but not the dishes themselves. Maybe they just aren't described as interestingly as the current menu? It looks like the meals are much less gourmet and much more Applebees? LOL - who knows, but this looks like the boring old menu you can go out to eat anytime on restaurant row. And I have to agree not very vegetarian friendly :-( Fortunately Fantasy will still have the old menu when we go out this month as I'm so looking forward to the Indian dishes! Next cruise? I don't know...probably will save our pennies and try another line. This whole thing with Hasboro games and branded foods and hearing more and more about passengers in their bathrobes (did they get that idea from watching the Triumph footage?) and the zombies in front of the jumbotron - makes me feel like we are about to partake in a reality show! Guess I'm gettin' old - grin - I want the traditional "specialness" cruising used to seem to offer. Just saying. It's just one opinion. Course I like the Farcus-off-the-wall designs - so there is just no accounting for taste is there!!

Edited by Bobblefrog

Okay I just asked John on his Facebook page about the soups and this was the reply I got. Mind you I got this reply in about three minutes that guy is awesome.

Yes, some of the other daily menus have soups including some new ones which sounds delicious. I will post more soon. Cheers

Okay I just asked John on his Facebook page about the soups and this was the reply I got. Mind you I got this reply in about three minutes that guy is awesome.

Yes, some of the other daily menus have soups including some new ones which sounds delicious. I will post more soon. Cheers

That is good to hear. I agree, he is awesome and was extremely helpful when I had a pretty major issue with my upcoming sailing.

However, I think Carnival should have made an official release of the new menu with all the details spelled out. Things were not made very clear when he released the changes earlier today and apparently only a part of the new menu was posted on his blog. This is what is leading to all the confusion on here and the people commenting on his social media posts.

Carnival, Kudos. I'm very surprised, and very happy that there appear to be no significant downgrades, and in fact upgrades(Especially the formal night menu, looks nicer than the average formal night menu IMHO). New menus look good, to me, I'd assume that there's going to be some "always available" selections especially in the dessert area, but I really like the direction that these are going in. Count me as a fan of the shared apps philosophy; it's in addition to, not replacing plated apps, and it sounds like they'll be ready to come out of the kitchen right after you order them, so it's something to munch on before apps come.

Not going to have these menus on the Splendor in 2 weeks, but it's an incentive to come back and try them.

I took it to mean sides to be served off a platter by waitstaff. Veggies and starches. Maybe they reduce the amount plated so that people can order multiple mains without wasting the sides. I remember years and years ago waitstaff serving side dishes off of trays at request.

The sample menu looks good. Clearly only a portion of one night menu but it sounds appealing to me.

Are you sure it's "clearly only a portion of the Feast menu? If I was a betting man, I would bet that this is it. Yes you might be able to special order a flat iron steak but there will me limited choices. Reduced menu items, reduced cost. Carnival has trained me well. At least they have me understanding their devious minds when it comes to "brilliant" cost cutting ideas. In my mind, Carnival is becoming the Wal-Mart of the seas!

Are you sure it's "clearly only a portion of the Feast menu? If I was a betting man, I would bet that this is it.

I agree with you - I think this is the whole menu. Look at John Heald's response about the soups. "Yes, some of the other daily menus have soups". That, to me, means that the feast menu will not have soup.

I'm not going to complain about the menus until I've actually tried them, but from what we've seen so far, they do seem more limited.