Minimum age in cabins alone...18 or 21??

bb24

My girls and a few of their friends want to plan a cruise for their high school graduation in 2015. We will be tagging along to chaperone but were hoping to have a cabin separate from the girls. Most will be 18 & 19 at the time. Will we be able to book them in a cabin together without an adult??

s.gif

s.gif

Onboard Policies

s.gif

[url=http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=309&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq#top][/url]s.gif

Q: What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy? s.gif A: Royal Caribbean International's minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21). The minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).

The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age to sail unaccompanied on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.

For voyages originating in North America:

No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status required.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=309&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

My girls and a few of their friends want to plan a cruise for their high school graduation in 2015. We will be tagging along to chaperone but were hoping to have a cabin separate from the girls. Most will be 18 & 19 at the time. Will we be able to book them in a cabin together without an adult??

What the FAQ is not clear about is that the girls can be in their own stateroom if that stateroom is next to or right across the hall from your stateroom.

I know you can book your daughters into a room by themselves but I don't know how it would work with the kids that aren't yours.

How many were you thinking about taking?

Just thinking out loud here but could you book a room for you and one of the friends, then your husband with one of the friends and then another room with your daughters? Then when you get on the ship just get keys to the other rooms and switch the sleeping arrangements to however you like.

Like I said, just thinking out loud, not really sure if you can do that!

I just did this with my son(16) and niece(17). They can be in a cabin on either side of yours, or directly across the hall. We had to do ocean view next to each other because that was all they had to accommodate us. I really wanted a balcony and inside combo, but the closest they had was 3 cabins down and they would not do it. I could have done a triple balcony, but it was the same price as 2 ocean view so I went for the 2 cabins to get the extra space.