Vision of the Seas: Cost of Arcade in Teen Center?

My son is going to gravitate to the arcade. I have read there is a charge, so we will set a spending limit. I am just curious how expensive it is, for planning purposes. Also wondering what other gaming possibilities exist for a 13 year old boy that are FREE. He has Asperger Syndrome, so he has a hard time socializing and needs something to fall back on.

Edited by Rivermouse

The cost of the arcade can definitely add up quickly! There are machines in the arcade that allow you to load up money on your seapass for the games. That's a good way to also set limits. Maybe consider bringing a tablet or hand held gaming device with you that way your son can keep active but also be with you guys at the same time.

Another thing to consider is the size. On the Grandeur, when they refurbished the ship and added the nursery, the arcade was reduced in size. I am wondering if they did the same on Vision. There were about6 or 7 games (2 car racing, 2 bike racing, and 2 or 3 shoot-em-up games), and 2-3 of the try and get a prize games.

BUT, if I remember, you booked the RFS. On Grandeur, we had a PS3 in our room, connected to the TV. I am pretty sure that the Concierge had controllers for it, so maybe you can check to see if they have some games as well. Or, you might be able to check some out of your local library.

• 11 months later...
My son is going to gravitate to the arcade. I have read there is a charge, so we will set a spending limit. I am just curious how expensive it is, for planning purposes. Also wondering what other gaming possibilities exist for a 13 year old boy that are FREE. He has Asperger Syndrome, so he has a hard time socializing and needs something to fall back on.

Hi Rivermouse, I'd love an update on how things went with your son on your cruise! We are taking my stepson on the Vision for his first ever real vacation of this kind in February. He is also 13 and also has AS. He is similarly interested in video games and very nervous meeting others (though he craves friendships so much). Any advice or stories of how things went on your trip would be really great. We are really hoping to get him to hang out in the teen area a bit and to hopefully be comfortable enough to make a few connections with others. I am also curious to know how the teen staff was and if you felt that they were helpful at all at making your son feel like a part of the group.

Thanks in advance for any stories, advice or warnings that you might have!