Best cruise for teens

11 of us want to do a cruise the summer of 2006. We're open to anywhere that you can fo in North/South America. We would like a cruise that teens would like as there will be four kids ages 15, 13, 11 and 9. The kids have all been on the Disney cruise twice (eastern and 4 day to Bahammas) and the 15 year old has been to Alaska. We're afraid they've outgrown Disney, even though they enjoyed those trips. We'd like to do Hawaii, but weren't sure NCL would be entertaining for the kids. Any suggestions? Also, suggestions on good staterooms would be helpful as one stateroom would hold 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) and one would hold 3 (1 adult, 2 kids).

Thanks.

I would strongly recommend the Western Caribbean itinerary on a Voyager Class ship. With the Western Caribbean, you have some great shore excursion options that the kids may find fun:

Ocho Rios: Dunn River Falls or White River Tubing

Grand Cayman: Sting Ray City

Cozumel: 4X4 Jeep Adventure

Labadee: Wave Runner tour

In addition to some great land excursions, the Voyager class ships offer some great onboard activities for kids and teens. Look especially at Navigator or Mariner with their enhanced teen areas, including Fuel nightclub and "The Living Room."

If you have any other questions, shoot me an e-mail and I will be happy to guide you in the right direction. A family cruise will be a great event.

I agree with the suggestion of "any Voyager class ship." I think that the two newer ones, Navigator and Mariner, have even BETTER teen/older kid facilities than the original three. Since you live nowhere near an ocean (:D), departure port probably isn't an issue for you, since you'll have to fly anywhere. IF you happen to have family on the east coast, and want to combine a visit, that's as good a way as any to narrow it down. The Explorer of the Seas will be sailing out of Bayonne, NJ next summer. Voyager is going to the Mediterranean, so that's out. Adventure sails out of San Juan, Navigator out of Miami, and Mariner out of Port Canaveral. That's near Orlando and Disney World, so that may weigh in your decision.

Carol

I know it's subjective, but my kids really LOVED Alaska, and found the Caribbean fun but not nearly as exciting. What kind of things does your family enjoy? Ship selection is also subjective, but we prefer the smaller ships, even with kids....will be sailing on the new Enchantment this fall and hope that it combines the best of some of the big ship features in a smaller package.

As for stateroom, we are trying an aft Royal Family Suite for the 5 of us this fall; according to website, this 2bedroom/2 bath cabin can sleep up to 8...ours is aft, so appears to have a large balcony as well.

Archived