Bringing Wine On Board

Jozy92

You completely missed my point. I can't speak for the original posters question, but I can speak to my point.

I followed up a question to his original post because I had wondered the same thing in the past and just wondered if there was some sort of computer program where they recorded who brought what.

then you should have been more clear. I stand by what I said.. even 'innocent' questions can lead to someone else deciding they are going to look for loopholes. as a result we all pay the price eventually.

perhaps I should have responded to your question by simply stating it is a self policing issue.. the only one who can tell if you are disregarding the stated policy is YOU. Not TSA, not Port authorities, not cruise line personnel. that's where the integrity comes in.

read the bazillion posts on 'how can I smuggle this that or the other' and it is understandable that many people make assumptions when a question is asked ambivalently.

my husband loves to spout this:

it is not enough to be understood. you must also make it impossible to be misunderstood.

An adult does NOT have to be booked with the children in the original post. The family is in two CONNECTED cabins. That fulfills all of RC's requirements.

Your nephews were not YOUR children; that is the difference.

Not being our children had NOTHING to do with it, when I booked the two adjoining cabins the TA said that was the way it had to be done and others who have taken THEIR underage children had to do the same!

Not being our children had NOTHING to do with it, when I booked the two adjoining cabins the TA said that was the way it had to be done and others who have taken THEIR underage children had to do the same!

That's the way I understood it too.

Thanks for your help everyone.

I have one more question. We will be flying into Fort Lauderdale 2 days before - staying at the Marriott.

Where is the best place to shop for the wine cause we don't want to bring it with us.

Keeping in mind we have no vehicle.

Thanks

I've always put my wine in my checked baggage and have not had any problems. I take a large roll of bounty paper towels and gut out the center. Then I slip the wine bottle into the paper towel roll. The hollowed out roll of paper towels makes a nice cushioned sleeve. Then I just use the paper towels in the cabin for any necessary clean-ups.

Great idea! Someone said that non-alcoholic isn't allowed to be brought on board? We did bring water and cans of vanilla coke without any problems.

Any information?

Thanks so much!

Where in the check in process do they check the wine? If I am carrying two bottles of wine in my carry on and 20 mins later my friend (staying in the same room) brings two with him, how are they to know how many bottles are for that room?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

At Port Canaveral they check at security which is your first stop on lower level. it's a long line and their goal is to keep it moving and run security, so no docs are checked (as I recall). Later you're upstairs to check in. So really the practical limit is 2 bottles per person. Of course if you and the other person were very obviously together maybe they'd say something but who knows.

after reading this thread I've decided to become an attorney specializing in cruise ship alcohol policies.

Thanks for your help everyone.

I have one more question. We will be flying into Fort Lauderdale 2 days before - staying at the Marriott.

Where is the best place to shop for the wine cause we don't want to bring it with us.

Keeping in mind we have no vehicle.

Thanks

Total Wine, Harbor Shops. Very close to the entrance to the port off of 17th street.

Interesting question. I would love to know the answer to that as well. Any experience cruisers know?

I just returned from a 10 day Caribbean trip on The Explorer. Dw and I each took our wine allotment as per reg. I wrapped both bottles in bubble wrap and put them inside one of those CC nylon cooler bags. I then put them n the top of my backpack that I used as a carry on. They fit very nicely there. I did not label them at all as I expected them to be searched no matter what. I passed through the terminal and through the ship without ever being touched or any questions asked of us. The same was true when I carried 10 bottles of rum off the ship when disembarking in Port Liberty. I neither saw nor heard of anyone having problems.

My thoughts are that the authorities have their procedures down to a science pretty well and that if you follow the rules, which are very plain, you will have nothing to worry about.

Bob:)