Panama canal cruise 2015

ranchette

I've been wondering too - I was looking for a westbound one but all of the Celebrity Panama sailings are later in the year.

As a second place choice I'm considering one of the Caribbean cruises that stops in Colon, Panama and doing a shore excursion to see the canal. Definitely not the same, but since I am locked into a certain period of time in January and if I want to sail Celebrity, that's the best I can do.

Chepar, last year we took the cruise you are considering. From Colon, it's a nice bus ride to Panama City, and a wonderful ferry ride through the locks. DH did get bored sitting at the locks waiting for enough water traffic to gather. But going through the locks, viewing the expansion of the locks, plus the bridges and building on shore was well worth it. We felt it was worth the money spent using a Celebrity excursion choice.

1987 NCL M/S Skyward

1988 RC Sovereign of the Seas

2004 Carnival

2006 Celebrity Infinity

2007/2009 Celebrity Constellation

2012/2013 Celebrity Equinox

2014 Celebrity Silhouette

2015 Viking Star

From Celebrity's schedule, the ship used for Canal cruises (Infinity) will relocate to South America from sometime in December 2014 to March 2015. If I read the schedule correctly it will go to SA via the Canal and return the same way.

Chepar, last year we took the cruise you are considering. From Colon, it's a nice bus ride to Panama City, and a wonderful ferry ride through the locks. DH did get bored sitting at the locks waiting for enough water traffic to gather. But going through the locks, viewing the expansion of the locks, plus the bridges and building on shore was well worth it. We felt it was worth the money spent using a Celebrity excursion choice.

Thanks for the info, it's good to know that you felt the excursion was worth the money. I tend to favor exploring ports on my own or doing a privately arranged tour, but I had read that the ship excursion to see the locks is very popular and sells out quickly. I had also read it is difficult to do a canal excursion without going on one offered through the ship, though I am not sure if this is accurate or not.