Viking Travel Documents/Flight Information

rrgator

I have a quick, stupid question. I have received what I believe are my "travel documents" from Viking for our Rhine Getaway cruise later this month. I was expecting something more than a page in the Itinerary and Departure Information book regarding our flights. Does anyone know if I should receive anything else to use at the airport check-in, or does what's in the book work when you get there? Thanks.

I have a quick, stupid question. I have received what I believe are my "travel documents" from Viking for our Rhine Getaway cruise later this month. I was expecting something more than a page in the Itinerary and Departure Information book regarding our flights. Does anyone know if I should receive anything else to use at the airport check-in, or does what's in the book work when you get there? Thanks.

You have an e-ticket. All you have to do when you go to check in at the airport is give the counter person your passport. All your information is stored in their computer. There are no paper tickets any more.

Thanks, I figured that would be the answer. I fly very little and when I do, it is usually on Southwest. They give you the check in pass when you check in online, so I always have a piece of paper when I get to the airport. I also realized that we would be checking in online after I posted my question. Duh!!!

You should have received those pages in a large carrying case with luggage tags, name badges, etc. and helpful booklets about the itinerary you will be going on. Not sure if you meant you have rec'd that and are wondering about the few pages within the booklet or not. Yes, your "page" is for etix which is all you need…but if you haven't gotten the rest, it still might come to you.

Thanks, I figured that would be the answer. I fly very little and when I do, it is usually on Southwest. They give you the check in pass when you check in online, so I always have a piece of paper when I get to the airport. I also realized that we would be checking in online after I posted my question. Duh!!!

You are still going to need to check in for your flights online 24 hrs before starting your trip (flights). In fact you should go online to each of your airlines and make sure your seats are good or if you can change for better seats....

Also good to make sure nothing about your flights has changed, flight times !

Enjoy and safe travels :)

Yes I got all of the other stuff in two very nice carrying cases. In addition to the itinerary, there was also a very nice little booklet regarding the Rhine river and the sites on it. I appreciate the responses and can't wait to go.

Our trip begins December 21st and it looks like we'll go to France without Viking's travel docs and flight info. They mailed them to our TA only a few days ago. Our TA should receive them in a few days but won't be able to mail them to us before Dec 14/15th since he is on vacation. Considering it'll be a week before Christmas I am very doubtful about receiving them before we leave.

Just wondering if anyone ever traveled without Viking docs?

How about calling Viking, explain the situation to them and maybe they could so something. Is there no one else talking care of your TA's clients while they're on vacation. Personally I wouldn't be a happy camper with the TA right about now. Another suggestion is having the TA overnight them to you as soon as they get in the office. Good luck, hope everything works out for you and you have a great trip.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by suspaul

Thanks. I'll try to call Viking again.

It is not only TA's issue though. Few days ago I already called Viking and asked them to mail travel docs directly to us which they refused to do motivating they are required to mail them to TA even if he is not available.

I am under impression Viking's customer service is absolutely unable to resolve anything due to over-regulation. That's not going to do any good to them.

Btw, we use different TA for our cruises. Just had to deal with this one since the cruise was booked more than 1,5 years ago.

I'm hoping Viking is reading this thread as they are taking longer and longer to get documents to clients. What should be 30 days before departure is now approaching just days before....

Viking has been aware of repeated issues of late documents and still fails to address the issue.

Viking should be able to e-mail the important items from your package and if they wanted to show true Customer Service they would overnight them directly to you...,

All that being said, Shame on your TA for leaving you in this pickle and not making arrangements prior to leaving AND shame on Viking for NOT DOING THE RIGHT THING!!

JMHO

No response from Viking so far. What is really shameful: out travel docs were sent to TA only the day before yesterday, 12 days before the cruise! :eek: I found it out by tracking the FedEx #.

How it corresponds to "30 days before departure" website promise?

And why when I called Viking a week ago I was told it is too late to reroute the package. It just has to go to TA regardless of anything.

No response from Viking so far. What is really shameful: out travel docs were sent to TA only the day before yesterday, 12 days before the cruise! :eek: I found it out by tracking the FedEx #.

How it corresponds to "30 days before departure" website promise?

And why when I called Viking a week ago I was told it is too late to reroute the package. It just has to go to TA regardless of anything.

Dear id_est,

Thank you for sending us an e-mail to discuss your concern. We understand that you’ve been in contact with a member of Customer Relations and that they’ve been able to provide assistance. If there’s anything else we can do to help, please do not hesitate to contact us again at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. Have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Best,

Viking Cruises

Dear id_est,

Thank you for sending us an e-mail to discuss your concern. We understand that you’ve been in contact with a member of Customer Relations and that they’ve been able to provide assistance. If there’s anything else we can do to help, please do not hesitate to contact us again at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. Have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Best,

Viking Cruises

Id est - really as that's not what this traveler has shared with us!

Viking when are you going to get travel documents out in a timely manner??

Apparently our documents were yesterday reprinted and mailed to us this time. I just got them about an hour ago. Thanks to Viking for taking care of it and I totally agree with nana541: something needs to be changed. The reason of sending them to TA is still behind my understanding.

Apparently our documents were yesterday reprinted and mailed to us this time. I just got them about an hour ago. Thanks to Viking for taking care of it and I totally agree with nana541: something needs to be changed. The reason of sending them to TA is still behind my understanding.

This has been a repeated Theme with Viking in the last year. So glad it worked out finally. To bad they could not be helpful when you first contacted them!

I believe it's the growing power of social media like this site and many others that is slowly driving home to companies that if they don't do something as advertised then they will be soundly criticised all over the world and that will in the long run have a negative effect on their business.

Hi, we did a Viking River Cruise in November and received our travel docs in a timely manner. They just concisely, or not so concisely, restate all the info you already have. We didn't use them anywhere. The Viking luggage tags that were included helped the driver spot us at CDG for airport to hotel transfer.

Edited by cruzzzinma

... They just concisely, or not so concisely, restate all the info you already have. We didn't use them anywhere. The Viking luggage tags that were included helped the driver spot us at CDG for airport to hotel transfer.

I agree. So here is the next question: is emailing them in a pdf file ever considered as an option?

Btw, we already have 10 such luggage tags. So do not even need those.