Booking Info for RC cruises

Hello guys,

First off I am new to this community and just have a couple questions on how the industry works as a consumer. My friends and I are looking at specific cruises through Royal Caribbean and wanted to know about how to get the best deal possible. We wish to sail in April/May on Royal Caribbean's Allure. There are only two options as far as itineraries go but leaning towards the;

Labadee; Falmouth; Cozumel option.

There will be around 14 people that would go assuming every is going to book.

(All of us will be purchasing the alcohol package like $50 a day)

I have read that going with a TA is the best option for savings and renegotiation, but my question is what are peoples definition of TA, do they mean a physical agency that you can walk into, or different websites like

"discounted websites" or mass travel sites like expedia or hotwire.

How do you get them your lowest price down and bang for your buck. Also curious if anyone has been on this specific destination cruise and could tell me about the ports.

Any and all feedback is welcomed!

Thanks in advance

Mike

Look at the ta agency that advertises on this site...they give really good perks,you can book with rccl and get your desired cabins then switch within 60 days for the perks...

so go with a TA that is recommended from RCCL and then what benefits do u get 60 days out or w/e. Do you have some examples

The price that you pay will be the same whether you purchase from RCI direct or through a TA (group bookings slightly cheaper) however many TA's (no recommendations allowed here on CC) will give people perks for booking with them. These perks come out of their commission so you will get more perks by booking a more expensive cabin as they make more in commission.

As far as when the best time to book to get the best price that's a question we would all love to know the answer to. The only thing you can do is book and then watch the price and as long as you are before final payment you can get the reduced price as long as it is not part of a sale for new bookings only. After final payment is made no refunds or OBC will be issued however if a better cabin becomes available for the same or less than what you paid then you can upgrade at no charge.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, many people here are a great source of information.

It is a toss up because both options have their pros and cons.

If you book through RC you can take advantage of price drops if they occur and you have total control over your reservation.

If you book through a TA (I use the one advertised on CC) you can get some great perks. For my cruise last Feb I got pre-paid gratuities, dinner for two at Chops, and $125 in OBC, and 1/2 price on travel insurance. I usually do not get the insurance but my daughter was coming from upstate NY in Feb. so I did not want to take a chance.The downside is if there is a price drop most TA's will not honor it because it cuts into their commission. You also cannot use a RC savings certificate in most cases. For my cruise in October on the Allure it was better for me to book directly through RC but that is not always the case. What I do is call both the TA and RC and get all the information and then make a decision as to which is the better way for me to book.

As for the ports, you have two choices; Eastern or Western. Both are very good but different. It depends on what you are looking for. On the Western itinerary I really like Cozumel, I could skip Falmouth, not a favorite. On the Eastern side CoCo Cay (RC's private island) is a favorite and I also love St. Martin. There are some really good things to do on both the Eastern and Western.

Guest maddycat

If you book with a TA make sure that they do not charge a fee for price drops, cabin changes or cancellations. I get modest OBC (on board credit.......money to spend on board the ship) from my TA. He is available 7 days a week. He does not charge any extra fees.

I know it all depends on cruise,popularity etc. but going with the agency advertising on cc for a ta in April was $1079 pp for a bal.because of a group booking...it is now $2900 per person! Also...have $225 obc,$100 spa and dinner for 2,smiles all the way...less our $325 d+ bal. discount!we would be over $6800 now