Motion sick advice

Familycruiser, I'm on the same cruise with you (and from Minnesota, too) I get seasick easily and the only way I can go on a cruise is by taking Ginger pills. I start taking them a day before we fly and then while on the cruise, I take two in the morning and two more before dinner. I continue taking them a couple of days after we get home. That takes care of that feeling of still being on the ship and swaying.

On my first cruise many years ago, I used the patch prescribed by my Doctor. BIG MISTAKE for me. I was so sick from the side effects...dry mouth, vision problems, etc.

Give the Ginger pills a try. They were tested on the Mythbusters TV show and proven they work.

I had a midship promenade cabin on deck 7 on Indy (same class as FOS so probably a similar experience). We didn't really have rough seas, but I definitely felt the movement in our stateroom. It wasn't like things were tumbling off tables, but you felt a gentle rocking. It put me to sleep like a baby :rolleyes:

That said, if you (or your BF) are prone to motion sickness, definitely start taking the meds before the ship leaves if that's the route you are going. I am sure you feel LESS movement in a bigger ship, but it's definitely not movement-free!

Unscientific feedback:

Everyone I know that has motion sickness (seasickness) issues and takes 1 Ginger pill in the morning and 1 at night has no problems on a cruise.

About 1/3 of the people I know that have issues with motion sickness and use either a patch or a product like Dramamine still have motion sickness issues regardless.

Draw your own conclusions.

My sisters and I are the queens of sea sickness maybe that's why we waited until our 40's to try our first cruise. We were armed with patches, sea bands, and bonine. Let me say that we NEVER needed anything. We probably looked like crazy people jumping up and down with excitement t that we weren't sick at all. Never felt anything until the evening that we left Cozumel and the boat rocked a bit. Myst have grown sea legs because it ended as quickly as started and didn't phase us at all

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's my bf's first cruise and my fifth. I remember getting a bit motion sick on my last couple of cruises

My wife used to suffer from sea sickness and took sea sick tablets given free from customer services and whilst they work really well the made her tired.

I found and article on the use of Ginger and she tried using giner capules from the health sore one mourning and night and has been ill on the last 6 cruises including 3 transatlantics.

Tell him to give them a try and if they don't work get the FREE tablets from cutomer servces.

Dave

I am always dizzy for a few days after returning from a cruise. I take Bonine during the cruise which works great for me. I now continue to take it for about a week after I get home and find that it works on land also!

It does not make me sleepy.