Celebrity Transfers Seward to Anchorage??

LEAP

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes from seward to anchorage, our flight doesn't leave till 950pm and we want to spend the day in Seward. What is the latest we can leave using celebrity transfers? Is it on buses or the train. The transfers are already included in our price so we would like to use them but not sure we can if we stay in Seward for the day.

Any help on this is appreaciated. Thanks

When are you going? We are on Celebrity Summit leaving Vancouver July 29th.

Not sure how Celebrity does transfers, but bus or train? The train is only once a day, leaving Seward at 6pm and arriving at 10:15, so you must be on a bus now that I think about it.

In any case, a bus ride is about 3.5 hours or so.

Have fun,

Karyn

We are going on Aug 26th. Hopefully you can give us a review before we leave since you are going end of July. Thanks all for the info, it looks like we will have to rent a car. Have a great time on your cruise!

Ah-You are on the same cruise I am. There is a rollcall board started. Come join us! :-)

It is 3-4 hours to drive/train.

Hertz is the only rental car place in town-literally. Since they are independently owned, they accept no coupons or discounts. For one day, it is about $150 for a midsize/full size car!

As mentioned, the cruiseline contracted train leaves about 7am and the buses always by 11am for the Anchorage transfer. There are later buses for cruisetours that have a Bay cruise. It should be CLEARLY stated what your transfer mode is???

YOUR only option for staying in Seward - WHICH is a shame to miss is to rent a one way Seward Anchroage car from Hertz. Actually $150 is a bargain price, expect up to $200/day. :) Allow at least 3 hours for the drive and a 2 hour window at Anchorage airport.

You may be able to make an early Kenai Fjords boat trip?

Otherwise, rent a car in Anchorage and see the sights there once you get to the airport. Request their visitor guide http://www.anchorage.net

Thanks to all. I may just rent the car, since I have heard such good things about Seward, I really want to hang there. Budget Queen, who do I contact and what is the cost for the fjord boat trip? I read where you said it was great and am very interested in going.

Thanks for any help.

Crazi , I have done a little posting on the roll call jsut recently. Thanks

http://www.kenaifjords.com

8:00am Departure - Add to Itinerary

Cruises May 15, 21 thru September 4 and 11

6-hour cruise (8:00am to 2:00pm)

Be the first to see wildlife on our morning tour

Includes hot lunch served on cruise

$115 for Adults plus tax and fees

$57.50 for Children (2-11) plus tax and fees

This is the only tour that will fit your time for making it back to Anchorage. If you take off your own luggage you should be able to get off the ship by 7am. Kenai fjords will pick up and store your bags. Verify when Hertz opens I would call them when still in the harbor on the ship and confirm your car if they don't open until 8am?

Archived