Grand Dry Dock

Buggbob

Does anybody know what will be done to the Grand during it's dry dock this month? They can't remove another Skywalkers (which was one of my favorite day time places -- great view, quiet, out of the way).

According to what we were told on our Oct 2013 cruise, the bottom would be scraped and painted and other general work (rust control, carpet cleaning, etc.), nothing really new. Some of the staff we talked to also suggested that the blue mats would be replaced on the balconies - but no one could confirm that would happen.

It needs some serious plumbing repair work, buckets under dripping ceilings and fans drying out wet carpets.

We sure did not experience or see any of those problems when we were on her in October - and we were all over the ship. Maybe we were just fortunate? LOL

It needs some serious plumbing repair work, buckets under dripping ceilings and fans drying out wet carpets.

I agree!

On our April cruise to Hawaii there were serious plumbing issues on Baja from the 600's aft on the port side. On a couple nights we were informed that the toilets in the cabins on several decks would not be working during the night. For almost all 14 days ceiling tiles were down in the halls, and lots of work was being done. I don't know what happened, but fairly far aft some cabin furniture was in the hallway for a day or two.

I agree!

On our April cruise to Hawaii there were serious plumbing issues on Baja from the 600's aft on the port side. On a couple nights we were informed that the toilets in the cabins on several decks would not be working during the night. For almost all 14 days ceiling tiles were down in the halls, and lots of work was being done. I don't know what happened, but fairly far aft some cabin furniture was in the hallway for a day or two.

Sailed her in May and October - no sign of plumbing issues.

We are on the Grand now. Yes, she is showing her age and can use a bit of makeup. she is still a nice ship and we love the One 5 that replaced Skywalkers. Had some minor plumbing issues, but they fixed it right away. Plus some leaks in the hallways the first few days. Those seem to have been taken care of. The crew has been great and we are having a great time - rust, leaks and all!