Adventure Ocean questions

Nikmav

Hi. I am not new to cruising on RCI but I am new to the idea of cruising with kids. My husband and I have been on 4 RCI Caribbean cruises in the past but think it might be time to take the kids. They will be 10, 8, and 6 at the time we cruise. I know they have the Adventure Ocean program but the website tells you very little about it. I was hoping I could get more information here about it. I have done a search but can't seem to come up with anything.

are activities only available on days you are docked or every day including those at sea? And if my husband and I want to go on an excursion, do we leave the kids in the AO program? Any info would be helpful.

Also, how is the DreamWorks Experience? It looks great from what I see on the web site. We love DreamWorks Characters and movies so I think this will be more fun for them than Disney.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nikki

AO programs are available every day, including at port. If you choose to leave your kids onboard while you do an off-ship excursion without them, you can do so, but make sure you leave more than enough time to get back on the ship! After 10 PM (I think that is the time), you have to pay a small fee to keep the kids in AO, but they tend to have really fun activities, so it's fun now and then. They also will take your kids to AO for you if you do the early dining. They meet at the entrance to the dining room. Our kids always beg to go to AO - the activities are fun.

The DreamWorks experience is also fun. On some of the ships they will have a breakfast you can sign up for with the characters, and they have photo ops that will be listed in the Compass. Plus some of the ships have the movie theater that shows DreamWorks movies. It's not as in your face as the Disney experience is, but we enjoyed it.

As an aside, the cruiseline excursions sometimes limit what you can do with the kids are far as excursions, but we have booked many excursions through private companies with our kids - they had the best time. You can check out the Ports of Call Board for ideas.

I am also not new to RCCL but cruising with kids. Is adventure ocean free or is there a charge? What kinds of activites do they do with them?

Adventure Ocean is free. After AO closes, if you want babysitting, that is an extra charge.

Hi. I am not new to cruising on RCI but I am new to the idea of cruising with kids. My husband and I have been on 4 RCI Caribbean cruises in the past but think it might be time to take the kids. They will be 10, 8, and 6 at the time we cruise. I know they have the Adventure Ocean program but the website tells you very little about it. I was hoping I could get more information here about it. I have done a search but can't seem to come up with anything.

My kids love AO. They beg to go. They have fun games, movies, crafts, science projects, entertainers as guests, kids' talent show. If you go on a Dreamworks ship, they have Dreamworks events for the whole family too.

are activities only available on days you are docked or every day including those at sea? And if my husband and I want to go on an excursion, do we leave the kids in the AO program? I have not left my kids on the ship, we take them on excursions with us. It can be done though. Any info would be helpful.

Also, how is the DreamWorks Experience? It looks great from what I see on the web site. We love DreamWorks Characters and movies so I think this will be more fun for them than Disney.

The kids loved the pirate parade too! There is only a charge after 10 pm. We rarely pay for it, but occasionally do.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nikki

Hope that helps

I am also not new to RCCL but cruising with kids. Is adventure ocean free or is there a charge? What kinds of activites do they do with them?

Free till 10PM, arts, crafts, music, games, movies, contests, talent show, puppet show (Black light puppet show on Oasis and Allure) Activities are engaging. Make a volcano, color a pillow case. The Pirate Parade is a favorite!