It never ceases to amaze me...

iconoclast

*LOL* Décor isn't what I usually focus too much on. If it is outrageous, sure.

I wonder if these people would like to go on a ship that is themed after the Spanish Inquisition?.....We could have Iron Maidens, racks, and other lovely torture devices for people to try....

*LOL* Décor isn't what I usually focus too much on. If it is outrageous, sure.

I wonder if these people would like to go on a ship that is themed after the Spanish Inquisition?.....We could have Iron Maidens, racks, and other lovely torture devices for people to try....

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!

We warned our wedding guests about most of the artwork before our wedding cruise on the Pride, just to prepare them. My 5yo niece has been on the ship twice and never noticed it, but my brother (her father) thought it was "interesting". He was amused by the massive mural of Titian's "Venus" right outside the dining room.

I linked to it, as not to "offend" anyone.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I don't understand it, but perhaps it's just a matter of exposure.....pun intended! And also a sad reflection of somewhat closed-minded views?

I was fortunate enough to see a great deal of art in Europe at a fairly early age (7-12), and of course many statues and painting feature one or more people in the nude, so I don't see it as objectionable.

We warned our wedding guests about most of the artwork before our wedding cruise on the Pride, just to prepare them. My 5yo niece has been on the ship twice and never noticed it, but my brother (her father) thought it was "interesting". He was amused by the massive mural of Titian's "Venus" right outside the dining room.

I linked to it, as not to "offend" anyone.

Imo she s a very beautiful woman

Nothing wrong with nudity if well presented with taste and class

Art is art ...appreciate it ...bodes can be very nice

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!

Or the Spammish Repetition, either. :)

All this hoopla about David offending people aboard the Carnival Prude....

Next thing ya know, Carnival will put a bunch of topless mermaids in a dining room somewher--

--Oh, wait; too late. (Carnival Victory)

As adults we can appreciate art.

Do kids understand art at a young age?

Yes. I don't think Crayola was invented for adults. Not all adults appreciate art like not all adults are prudes and ashamed of their own body.

The body is an amazing work of art. Working out makes it better presented, clothes and duct tape make it sexy.

Been on the Pride x3...loved every cruise. I don't cruise for the decor of the ship...I cruise to relax and have a little fun. At the end of any day on the Pride, I'd be hard pressed to answer any questions regarding 'decor'. As for the vandalism onboard...stupid people everywhere! As for David's Steakhouse--go if you can...great food and service! But most of all, forget about the 'dumb stuff' and enjoy the cruise you've paid your hard-earned money for...you won't be sorry.:) (and just maybe, stay off of this board--if you never knew about it, you'd probably never notice!)

I could never understand why people get uptight about kids seeing a penis or a nipple....but not about them playing violent games, watching violence on TV or seeing real violence on the news.

It's the human body....we all have "the parts".

Agree 100%. Astonishing how those shows & games with ratings for violence seem to be perfectly fine for little ones to watch/play... We're seeing the results of this as our society (d)evolves. To my mind, gratuitous pain & gore--and hate in all its forms--is the true obscenity.

And to your second remark: gee, I guess some folks just bathe with their clothes on!

[quote name='iconoclast']I'm booked on the Carnival Pride and reading the reviews of the ship, how many people are just outright offended by Renaissance reproductions. Many people have gone to Rome just to sketch Michelangelo's David. Yet people complain that there's a reproduction of the statue in, wait for it, David's Steakhouse.

The severe ignorance about the art that is apparently on board used to make me giggle but now it makes me sad after several months of reading reviews where the star count was discounted just because someone was offended by the Renaissance. Maybe Carnival should have a Dark Ages-themed ship for these folks.[/QUOTE]

Really?