Online Check In - can everyone do their own?

willow028

Never ran into this and don't see it on here - my husband and his three grown sons are taking a cruise together. I've booked the cruise and pre-paid gratuities, but each will be responsible for their own on board account.

Is it possible for each of them to log into Carnival as themselves with the booking ID and do their individual set ups? Or do we have to do that for them?

Everyone lives in a different state, so it's not possible to sit down and do it together.

I don't mind doing it but might be easier for everyone to do on their own... and as I'm supposed to be the "expert" putting all this together, I'd love to have the answer before they ask the question!

Never ran into this and don't see it on here - my husband and his three grown sons are taking a cruise together. I've booked the cruise and pre-paid gratuities, but each will be responsible for their own on board account.

Is it possible for each of them to log into Carnival as themselves with the booking ID and do their individual set ups? Or do we have to do that for them?

Everyone lives in a different state, so it's not possible to sit down and do it together.

I don't mind doing it but might be easier for everyone to do on their own... and as I'm supposed to be the "expert" putting all this together, I'd love to have the answer before they ask the question!

Depends on how you booked the cruise. Each cabin will have it's own booking number . Unless you booked four singles the primary in each cabin will to do their own. Why don't they wait until there on board to sort this out.

Recently my sister and I and a friend shared a suite. We all registered online individually and set up our own accounts with individual credit cards. Worked perfectly! When you put your information in, it asks if anyone else is allowed charging privileges on that account.

Depends on how you booked the cruise. Each cabin will have it's own booking number . Unless you booked four singles the primary in each cabin will to do their own. Why don't they wait until there on board to sort this out.

Thanks ~ I'm the planner of the bunch and it makes me so nervous to not have everything taken care of ahead of time ~ I'd be too afraid they'd screw it up somehow if I let them take care of it on board (oh we'll get around to taking everyone off our card and then oops we forgot!)!

Recently my sister and I and a friend shared a suite. We all registered online individually and set up our own accounts with individual credit cards. Worked perfectly! When you put your information in, it asks if anyone else is allowed charging privileges on that account.

Thank you! Did you just create your own account at Carnival and then add the booking number, or was there something else that had to be done?

Edited by willow028

Thanks ~ I'm the planner of the bunch and it makes me so nervous to not have everything taken care of ahead of time ~ I'd be too afraid they'd screw it up somehow if I let them take care of it on board (oh we'll get around to taking everyone off our card and then oops we forgot!)!

Thank you! Did you just create your own account at Carnival and then add the booking number, or was there something else that had to be done?

For online check in each needs to be registered with carnival. From there they will need the confirmation number, dae of sailing and their name.

They can put in the info individually but none will be able to print out the boarding pass until all have put in their information.

Since you are planning this make sure they all have valid passports/ Birth Certificates & driver's licenses/IDs.

I started all the online check in for my group of family (lives in other states as well) since I booked the cruise and had all the booking numbers already. I only needed their credit card numbers and passport number to complete it. A simple call and we were all checked in!

So you can do it any way. They can register and do it themselves , check in at the port or you fill all the info for them.

You can do it either of the ways precious posters have mentioned. I have done it both ways in the past with no problems.

I sail with a friend and while we share a cabin/booking # we use different credit cards for our sign & sail cards. I have also sailed with family members in a different cabin and successfully entered all the info. This works if you have more than one cabin within the same booking.

If only one person wants to handle it then they have to have the info for the other person but are free to enter any parties booking info from the log on. When you get set up payment for sign & sail section you have drop down options of assigning the same payment to other passengers or entering a different payment source. Very easy!

I always do this in advance.....anything that makes check in easier is a plus in my book :)

Actually, they don't even have to register. I just did this for my cruise Monday which I'm taking with 3 friends. If they have the booking number, when you click on Manage my Cruise, under the login form there is a link to Booking Quick Access. They can use that to access the booking, and check in from there with their own credit card numbers.