Chefs Table on Getaway

miataman19

Good morning all. Searched but couldn't find the answer. Is there any way to pre-book the Chef's Table? On CCL you can reserve via the Steakhouse. Just wondering if you can do the same thing on NCL? Haven't been on an NCL ship since 1999. Mr. Sheehan seems to be doing a fantastic job with this line :). I know, what took us so long? Long story, lol. Also, as an early seating person of the past, how does one get the same servers in the MDR during a sailing, we like having the familiarity of the same team. Never cruised the Freestyle concept. Thank you all for your help.

You can make dining reservations for the specialty restaurants 45 days out from your cruise date. You may also pre book some entertainment options on the Epic, Breakaway, and Getaway.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

• 4 months later...

Chef's Table is limited to 12 people and fills up very quickly. I would book it as I board, same place as specialty dining. No way to get the same serving team as they move all over the ship. Could be in the MDR for one meal and one of the specialty restaurants for the next.

Sorry for the dissenting opinion, but I would eat elsewhere. I'd never go into a seafood restaurant and ask them to make a steak, or into a Chinese restaurant and ask them for a curry either. I get the whole "be with friends" and customer service thing, but the main purpose of the Chef's Table is to experience the special meal they prepare for the guests.

Having said that, I suspect that they would accommodate your request because NCL is pretty awesome that way.

• 2 months later...

We just returned on the Getaway June 21 sailing. The Chef's Table for that week was held on Tuesday evening. The dinner was held in the Haven restaurant and was truly outstanding! I highly recommend this dining experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just returned on the Getaway June 21 sailing. The Chef's Table for that week was held on Tuesday evening. The dinner was held in the Haven restaurant and was truly outstanding! I highly recommend this dining experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the Chef's Table on the June 14 sailing. It was on Tuesday also and in The Haven and was fabulous. A funny side note, at the beginning of the meal everyone was relatively quiet. By the end, after all the flowing wine, the chef couldn't get a word in because the group wouldn't shut up...lol..:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

• 8 months later...
We did the Chef's Table on the June 14 sailing. It was on Tuesday also and in The Haven and was fabulous. A funny side note, at the beginning of the meal everyone was relatively quiet. By the end, after all the flowing wine, the chef couldn't get a word in because the group wouldn't shut up...lol..:D

Was it hard to get a reservation once on board? It's my husband and I's birthday celebration that night, so we'd like to be sure of our plans if possible :o

• 1 month later...
Was it hard to get a reservation once on board? It's my husband and I's birthday celebration that night, so we'd like to be sure of our plans if possible :o

We stayed in The Haven and made reservations with the pre cruise concierge. When we got on the ship we verified those reservations with The Haven concierge. He did not have our reservation. The table was already booked. He worked some magic and that particular cruise had a Chef's Table of 14. It was amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

I was on the Jewel April 4 and signed up for the chefs table on the first day. I found out from our concierge that it was canceled because only three of us signed up. So you just never know. Sometimes it's full and sometimes it's not.