Aft Suite Dawn

gaylemh

I'm booked on deck 10 in an aft suite on the Dawn 10728. 10226 is available, and I was wondering if they still have the wrap to the side of the ship open. I thought I read somewhere where is was closed off. Is there anyone who recently cruised in the deck 10 aft suites? Is there any difference is the size of the suite?

We've done aft suits on both the Dawn and Star (sister ships) and a forward suite on the Dawn. In our experience and preference, we booked another aft suite on the Dawn this February. Admittedly, the balcony isn't as large as on the front suites but it is far more functional and definitely much more private, if you like to indulge in private balcony activities as we do.

We prefer deck 9 as it's between two occupied decks even though the balcony may not be as large as on deck 10.

Follow my time proven first day agenda unless you are both in walkers.

(1) Check in as close to 11 as possible.

(2) Lunch at Cagney's.

(3) Meet the room attendant and Butler.

(4) Nap after vigorous "exercise". Set travel alarm clock for 2:50 PM>

(5) Lifeboat drill.

(6) Return to room and shower.

(7) "Air dry" on balcony if ship has left dock.

(8) Cocktails at Starbar or any other venue with 2 for 1 "Happy Hour" drink

specials.

(9) Dinner at a specialty restaurant because the "lobster" night is always a disappointment.

(10) Mattress polo.

(11) Repeat same on sea day adding Cagney's for breakfast ....

We are both admittedly in our 60's and this agenda works well for us. Maybe add another chukar of mattress polo after breakfast. Gotta love modern pharmaceutical science (John Lee Hooker's "Dimples" theme in the background and NO I'm not going to call medical help after four hours, we are gonna call Guiness Book of World Records). Will this post be censored and removed by the younger "jealous"?

Hello! Just stayed in 10226 in October...my favorite cabin on the Dawn. It is very quiet with the spa above...no traffice outside the door. The deck is perfect, but as stated it does not "wrap around". It is large enough for 2 loungers and coffee table. Any questions, let me know

We are both admittedly in our 60's and this agenda works well for us. Maybe add another chukar of mattress polo after breakfast. Gotta love modern pharmaceutical science (John Lee Hooker's "Dimples" theme in the background and NO I'm not going to call medical help after four hours, we are gonna call Guiness Book of World Records). Will this post be censored and removed by the younger "jealous"?

Definitely like your attitude and your agenda, H&J!!! Glad to know there's another couple out there in our age group who doesn't act or think like "senior" citizens!!:D

Edited by VideoTech

That's 10164! :)

We stayed on 0164 on jewel for thanksgiving. Only had one neighbor (daughter and family) the people above us sounded more like a bowling alley than a cabin. Our balcony extended pass the balcony above. Thus, not all of our balcony was covered.

We had some rough seas and at times it felt like the ship was coming apart. You really feel rough seas back there. We were fine and slept like babies.