Update on the Caribbean Allegrissimo Classic Drink Package

footzz

I neglected to mention one of the positive things in my review of the Divina. We were pleasantly surprised when we saw what was now included in the Allegrissimo Classic Adult All Inclusive 24 Hour Package. They expanded the offerings and they are very generous compared to the original package, and in our case, a great value. If you take advantage of the package, don't forget to get the fresh squeezed juices. Yummy!

As posted earlier by Sidari, the package now includes:

Unlimited consumption of alcoholic and non−alcoholic beverages including wide selection of wines by the glass (more than 20 international labels), draft beer, rich selection of bottled beers from all over the world (more than 20 kinds), canned sodas, fruit juices, premium mineral water, wide selection of hot drinks including classic and specialty coffee drinks, teas and hot chocolate delights, international selection of spirits, wide range of cocktails from the Bar List including frozen cocktails, punches, classic cocktails, mixed drinks and MSC signature cocktails, as well as take away ice cream in a cone or cup.

The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars and restaurants, including the à la carte restaurants and themed venues. Not included in this offer: cigars, cigarettes, champagne, premium and ultra−premium brands, minibar and water provided in you cabin, room service, souvenir glasses and food consumptions in fee paying restaurants.

For your convenience, the drinks not included in this package are indicated in our Drink Lists and Menus with an asterisk.

Edited by footzz

When I bought this package my print out says the mini bar and mineral water in my cabin is included. The next sentence says as well as all items from the Gelateria, Pastry shop and food from the Room service menu. I will bring my print out with me from the time of purchase. Anyone else have the same experience, no mini bar? But thanks for the info.

Just went back to MSC website, the 24 hour package says that the items I mentioned above are included on Divinia 2013 so maybe the other ships don't include that. But when it says room service I am assuming that is for beverage items only. If I am reading reviews correct there are charges for some room service food items, anyone paying food items?

The Min bar was not included in the Classic on the repo cruise to Miami, it is included in the Premium package though. Gelato was included in both packages but the Gelataria cakes etc was only included in the Premium package.

Thank you for this information. We know we'll be spending considerable time in the lounges for performances (Cruise to the Edge), and I wasn't sure whether to opt for the Premium or stick with the Classic Allegrissimo.

It sounds like the Classic will suit us just fine.

I checked this out thoroughly before taking the Classic package. Other than very high end liquors (to us), most major brands are included in Classic package as well as a huge selection of specialty drinks.

We were told no gelato w/Classic which is fine.

We were also pleased that fresh orange juice, espresso, cappucino and after dinner liqueurs like Baileys were included and would be available tableside.

The pastry shop stuff is not included.

Looking forward to a great cruise with MSC and hopefully, many more with them in the future!

Barbara

How can the one you have be any different from ours? we had Gelato!

Drinks in the Dining room are only available if and i say if you manage to get the assistant waiter to go bring them from an outside bar, other than those normally available in the MDR such as Beer and Wine. On the odd occasion there was a few people early on from the bars who were available to bring drinks for you.

How can the one you have be any different from ours? we had Gelato!

Hope so, but told no (as you know, sometimes MSC reps give "different" info!)

Was Gelato on Allegrissimo Classic available at dinner and gelato bar also?

Drinks in the Dining room are only available if and i say if you manage to get the assistant waiter to go bring them from an outside bar, other than those normally available in the MDR such as Beer and Wine. On the odd occasion there was a few people early on from the bars who were available to bring drinks for you.

I think we'll carry our own cocktails in from MSC bar. Then order wine on Allegrissimo Classic from waiter. Did they pour by glass?

Thanks for the great information you have provided on these boards!

Barbara

Yes you can get wine by the glass in the MDR, we usually went to the Cantina Bacco for our drinks before Dinner and took them in with us,my other half only likes sweet sparkling wine.

I recall only one occasion where we did not take the drinks in with us and had the assistant waiter bring them.

Happy to have been able to help ... :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be traveling with my parents and we are not heavy drinkers.

One or two glasses of wine during dinner should do it.

I'd like to book the wine package, but only if I can share it with them.

Can we share the 6 bottles wine package?

Yes you can share with others.

Thanks AmoMondo.

I read that if you book the drink packages before instead of doing it boarding time you're not charged the 15% service charge.

But I got a little confused.

To avoid paying the 15% do I have to pay in advance trough my TA or only booking the package myself at the MSC website will be the same?

If I book on the website I'll pay on embarkation or will be added to my onboard account?

Thanks AmoMondo.

I read that if you book the drink packages before instead of doing it boarding time you're not charged the 15% service charge.

But I got a little confused.

To avoid paying the 15% do I have to pay in advance trough my TA or only booking the package myself at the MSC website will be the same?

If I book on the website I'll pay on embarkation or will be added to my onboard account?

There are 2 ways you can prebook and you avoid the 15% service charge with both. You can book as an onboard service on the website. That gets added to your onboard account and you pay at the end of the cruise. The other way is to get it added on to your invoice and pay in full before you go on your cruise.

There are 2 ways you can prebook and you avoid the 15% service charge with both. You can book as an onboard service on the website. That gets added to your onboard account and you pay at the end of the cruise. The other way is to get it added on to your invoice and pay in full before you go on your cruise.

Can I add, if your interested in the MSC club then you should pre-book, but pay onboard (through your onboard account)

That way you'll get points for spend.

Thanks AmoMondo and papcx!

The MSC Club tip is very useful!

I'm cruising MSC for the first time so I'm not sure if I should join MSC club.

I cruise every 3,4 years, not so much. And up until now I've never cruised with the same company (just a coincidence).

Don't know if there are benefits enough on those programs to be a more loyal cruiser

The benefits are very good when you get to the higher stages. I get 20% discount on my cruises! priority tender at tender port! champagne and chocolate strawberries! free visit to the a la carte restaurant! extra cocktail party! dinner with captain or officers! priority check in, discounts onboard and a few other perks.

• 3 months later...
I neglected to mention one of the positive things in my review of the Divina. We were pleasantly surprised when we saw what was now included in the Allegrissimo Classic Adult All Inclusive 24 Hour Package. They expanded the offerings and they are very generous compared to the original package, and in our case, a great value. If you take advantage of the package, don't forget to get the fresh squeezed juices. Yummy!

As posted earlier by Sidari, the package now includes:

Unlimited consumption of alcoholic and non−alcoholic beverages including wide selection of wines by the glass (more than 20 international labels), draft beer, rich selection of bottled beers from all over the world (more than 20 kinds), canned sodas, fruit juices, premium mineral water, wide selection of hot drinks including classic and specialty coffee drinks, teas and hot chocolate delights, international selection of spirits, wide range of cocktails from the Bar List including frozen cocktails, punches, classic cocktails, mixed drinks and MSC signature cocktails, as well as take away ice cream in a cone or cup.

The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars and restaurants, including the à la carte restaurants and themed venues. Not included in this offer: cigars, cigarettes, champagne, premium and ultra−premium brands, minibar and water provided in you cabin, room service, souvenir glasses and food consumptions in fee paying restaurants.

For your convenience, the drinks not included in this package are indicated in our Drink Lists and Menus with an asterisk.

I know this thread is kind of old but I had a question regarding MSC unlimited drinking packages. When you purchase the package do they give you vouchers for drinks or do you just use your card?

I have two cabins booked on the MSC Divina leaving from Miami one for myself and one for my parents, I was considering buying the allegrissimo drink package for my cabin and sharing with my parents, if they were vouchers. They have maybe a total of 5-10 drinks a cruise and it wouldnt make sense for them to get this package individually. If they put it on your card then that would be too difficult and I wouldnt attempt it.

Edited by cruiselover87

I know this thread is kind of old but I had a question regarding MSC unlimited drinking packages. When you purchase the package do they give you vouchers for drinks or do you just use your card?

I have two cabins booked on the MSC Divina leaving from Miami one for myself and one for my parents, I was considering buying the allegrissimo drink package for my cabin and sharing with my parents, if they were vouchers. They have maybe a total of 5-10 drinks a cruise and it wouldnt make sense for them to get this package individually. If they put it on your card then that would be too difficult and I wouldnt attempt it.

You do not get vouchers for the unlimited drink packages. Also if the rooms are linked together, all members of the rooms will have to get the unlimited package. (I disagree with this) Best to go with vouchers.