unlimited internet and new drink packages on oasis right now

allennn

Hi Allennn. Thanks for all the info. Two questions:

The $12 limit. If it's more than that, do they charge the difference or the entire amount? i.e. if you go for a glass of wine that's $20, to they charge you $20 or $8?

How about sparkling water? I'm a sucker for San Pellegrino and can go through a large bottle with lunch and dinner easily. Wondering if they will give you a large bottle.

Both of these (only charging the overage, and large sparkling and still water bottles) were included last year on Celebrity, so I'm curious.

Also, there is still some confusion as I had a waiter in the British pub tell me beers weren't included. I didn't feel like arguing with him about it but I'm going to check with customer service this mornjng to find out what the deal is.

this interests me... I'm hoping the person at the bar was mistaken.

Does anyone know if you book the drink package prior to the cruise, do you pay for it up front, or is it added to your sea pass?

Anything (with a cost) that you book ahead of time is charged to your credit card immediately.

According to customer service the waiter was mistaken on that specific beer.

If it's over the limit they charge full price.

Since the drink packages are new, it's not available to everyone on their pre trip planner yet. We had to wait till we got on the ship to book them.

I was wondering, because I book a tux for my husband and they put the charge on my sea pass, they don't charge me upfront.

Thanks for the info, I was not aware that a tux was not charged immediately.

Was speaking to a rep today & heard that they had received a new version of the website software today- so I checked it out & found the new beverage packages listed but note- you can't order till you ar 60 days out (we're 90).

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

enjoy

Now that I'm back, and I say that I was completely satisfied with the unlimited internet - it's a game changer for me as far as being able to cruise more is concerned, because I will be able to work from the ship if need be. It was fantastic. Was it as high speed as home? No. But it was fine for doing general messaging and other items. I was also able to use iMessage with friends who have iphones at home.

Now that I'm back, and I say that I was completely satisfied with the unlimited internet - it's a game changer for me as far as being able to cruise more is concerned, because I will be able to work from the ship if need be. It was fantastic. Was it as high speed as home? No. But it was fine for doing general messaging and other items. I was also able to use iMessage with friends who have iphones at home.

Did you try Facetime? Just wondering if it was blocked, and if not, how was the quality.

Did you try Facetime? Just wondering if it was blocked, and if not, how was the quality.

I did not facetime. The one person who I was going to do so with I was unable to find the time to do so, so we never got around to it.

• 3 weeks later...
On the internet packages - are there just certain designated "areas" where you can access the internet from your own laptop or mobile device? Or is it accessible all over the ship?

On Oasis, the WiFi is available all over the ship, including the staterooms.

Does anyone know how often you can order a drink if you have a drink passage and are there any limits on how much you can order?

Cruising on the oasis February 1st, trying to decide if we want to purchase a drink package.

If you buy the drink package the drinks are unlimited, but you cannot order more than one at a time on the same seapass. They do not want people going up to the bar and getting drinks for people who have not purchased the packages.

Curious if anyone knows if the coke machines dispense just plain water not flavored? Wife not a soda fan and just wondering if I can get the smaller package or have to upgrade from royal refreshment to royal replenish.

Have other internet packages changed in terms of cost with the introduction of unlimited internet?

Patti

Not exactly sure what you are asking. Oasis and Allure are the only ships so far with unlimited internet plans. The other ships charge by the minute, and that price seems to be rising. Someone recently reported the price was up to $0.85 / minute on their ship.

Can you order the premium drink pkg on Oasis and the other person in your cabin doesn't? My girlfriend isn't a big drinker.

Yes, Royal removed the requirement that everyone is a stateroom must purchase the package.

Would the drink packages include any drinks at dinner? Saw that with the drink packages you also get 20% off a bottle of wine which seemed a little odd. Why buy a bottle if you had unlimited drinks - maybe to get a type of wine that you could not get with the with $8 or $12 maximum?