Advise please

michelle.mcdonald

Hi

My hubby an I have only cruised once before an it was in May this year on freedom of the seas an we loved every second of it:-) we are trying to book a cruise for the Med for march next year an have priced Norwegian Spirit, I wondered if any of you kind cruisers have sailed both ships an can help me compare them or any helpful advise! We have read mixed reviews re weather being stormy an not getting stopped at Lanzarote!! All advise greatly appreciated please!

Kind regards

Michelle:-)

Michelle :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi

My hubby an I have only cruised once before an it was in May this year on freedom of the seas an we loved every second of it:-) we are trying to book a cruise for the Med for march next year an have priced Norwegian Spirit, I wondered if any of you kind cruisers have sailed both ships an can help me compare them or any helpful advise! We have read mixed reviews re weather being stormy an not getting stopped at Lanzarote!! All advise greatly appreciated please!

Kind regards

Michelle:-)

Honestly, I have not been on either. However, I am going on the Spirit in a little over 5 weeks. I always write a pretty detailed review and post it on the boards. Sometimes, I also do a "live from". That is always a great opportunity to ask questions.

I hope you find your answers!

Biggest difference between the two ships is size, and therefore number of passengers. The Freedom, being a bigger ship, offers more choices of things to do, shows, and places to eat.

So it comes down to what you want from a cruise ship. We much prefer a smaller, less crowded ship, and prefer NCL to RC.

We have been on Liberty of Seas (sister to Freedom), and also Norwegian Spirit. The two ships are entirely different, Freedom huge and Spirit small so much less space around deck areas and less to do. We would do either again in a heartbeat, but you do need to know they are entirely different.

We would rate Liberty as a half star above Spirit in terms of overall cruise experience, and the MDR experience in particular is noticeably better. NCL food in MDR's is not up to the mark, and many pay more for the special dining venues. Our experience is there is no need to do that on Royal Caribbean.

In March, the weather will be changeable certainly in the med area and first day down to Canaries. We did the same cruise in February, and weather was mixed. Didn't worry us too much but, again, you need to know that if it influences decisions.

If you like the itinery, my advice would be to try NCL and then you will find out for yourself the differences between these ships.

Thank you's so much for the advise , we have took a bit of a U- turn an booking the jade instead, any advise on that!

Thank y'all so much

Michelle x

Loved the Jade. Colorful ship...used to sail Hawaii and still has some tropical décor.