Port Canaveral to Orlando International?

4serenity

We (6 of us) dock in Port Canaveral and our flight is at 7:30pm that evening. My uncle is elderly and I'm trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a shuttle to the airport or rent a van and drive there ourselves, figuring this would kill sometime and let us stop along the way for lunch instead of hanging out at the airport for so long. This is my first time leaving right after the cruise, can anyone give any suggestions or opinions about what might be a better option for us. I have nothing to compare. Thanks for your help.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

Renting a van (or two cars) will be your best bet -- go somewhere for lunch, and maybe a movie or shopping; anything is better than sitting at the airport for hours and hours. For comparison approx. shuttle fare from PC to MCO for the 6 of you will be about $150

You might even look into a day-room at an airport hotel so that you could nap, hit the pool, lunch, etc. Good luck! :)

We (6 of us) dock in Port Canaveral and our flight is at 7:30pm that evening. My uncle is elderly and I'm trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a shuttle to the airport or rent a van and drive there ourselves, figuring this would kill sometime and let us stop along the way for lunch instead of hanging out at the airport for so long. This is my first time leaving right after the cruise, can anyone give any suggestions or opinions about what might be a better option for us. I have nothing to compare. Thanks for your help.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

Were you planning on renting a van from the town of Cape Canaveral? There are numerous eating establishments in town! To get to Orlando airport you would need to take Hwy 528 which is about 50 miles away, but it is a toll road after you pass Interstate 95! I do not know the cost of the toll!

Thank you to both of you!!! I did a van rental is $118.00 from Port Canaveral, which is what i am going to do. I'm not worried about the cost because I figure its 6 or half a dozen, my concern was the wait in Orlando but got great advice from you both. Thanks again!!!

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

I was going to suggest a car service, but you've already rented a van and you want to be able to take a slower trip and stop if you want, which rules out a car service.

I will say that my memory of the trip from Port Canaveral to Orlando (or vv) is that there's not much in the way of places to stop once you're on the main toll road. You'll probably want to plan your meals for one end of the drive or the other.

I was going to suggest a car service, but you've already rented a van and you want to be able to take a slower trip and stop if you want, which rules out a car service.

I will say that my memory of the trip from Port Canaveral to Orlando (or vv) is that there's not much in the way of places to stop once you're on the main toll road. You'll probably want to plan your meals for one end of the drive or the other.

That's correct. They will need to either eat in the airport area, or wait until Cocoa Beach.