Great experience with shareholder benefits/OBC

kylenyc

I own 100 shares of NCL and back in September I got the full $100 OBC shareholder benefit for my cruise aboard the Breakaway. I just emailed them the form and documentation and got an answer in a few days. And it was combine-able with the OBC given by my travel agent. I had $150 OBC total.

For my upcoming December cruise, they called to inform me that they couldn't give it to me this time because I booked a heavily group discounted rate through an online travel agent. I wasn't too surprised because I caught a great deal a year ago - $1100 +$100 OBC +tax on the Gem 9-Days Oceanview and the price has only gone up. She did apologize and said she could offer dinner at Cagneys for two (a $60 value) or she'd see if there were any upgrade opportunities available. Luckily there was and she was able to bump me a few categories.

I couldn't be happier with the experience I've had with shareholder relations and it's been worth the investment. I got the impression that they are working to improve the shareholder benefits program. Both the stock and shareholder benefits only were launched this year, and they are trying their best to offer an incentive to own their stock. Not only am I happy with the benefits so far... their stock has gone up a smidgen :D

Edited by kylenyc

I own 100 shares of NCL and back in September I got the full $100 OBC shareholder benefit for my cruise aboard the Breakaway. I just emailed them the form and documentation and got an answer in a few days. And it was combine-able with the OBC given by my travel agent. I had $150 OBC total.

For my upcoming December cruise, they called to inform me that they couldn't give it to me this time because I booked a heavily group discounted rate through an online travel agent. I wasn't too surprised because I caught a great deal a year ago - $1100 +$100 OBC +tax on the Gem 9-Days Oceanview and the price has only gone up. She did apologize and said she could offer dinner at Cagneys for two (a $60 value) or she'd see if there were any upgrade opportunities available. Luckily there was and she was able to bump me a few categories.

I couldn't be happier with the experience I've had with shareholder relations and it's been worth the investment. I got the impression that they are working to improve the shareholder benefits program. Both the stock and shareholder benefits only were launched this year, and they are trying their best to offer an incentive to own their stock. Not only am I happy with the benefits so far... their stock has gone up a smidgen :D

Hmmm...you don't happen to have a name/number? Facebook is fine. :) I don't qualify for the $100 because the cabin was comped, but wouldn't mind at least some acknowledgement that I invested in their future.

Stephen

Hmmm...you don't happen to have a name/number? Facebook is fine. :) I don't qualify for the $100 because the cabin was comped, but wouldn't mind at least some acknowledgement that I invested in their future.

Stephen

Sorry no I didn't. My Caller ID shows their general corporate office number (305) 436-4000. Maybe ask for shareholder relations?

Edited by kylenyc

Faxed mine in on Wed and while I did not hear from ncl a $100 obc is now posted for my 1 jan trip. I assume that's it. I happen to agree that so far it's a good deal given the stock went up within weeks of purchasing it. We use ncl a lot as platinum members if they add additional perks for stock holders we will buy even more stock.

Edited by Oldsweets
Spelling mistake

You have had better luck than me!

I was to get $100 obc from my travel agent, not a discounted rate, same as the rates that show on NCL and I have been denied by $100 stock holder obc because I already had $100 obc...this makes me mad.

This is why I purchased it, they did offer the steak for 2 but it has not shown up yet.

Frustrated!!!