Key West

msev

We are going to be in Key West the first part of Jan. and we are thinking about renting a golf cart to ride around to the different sites. Has anyone done this or have any suggestions about seeing the sites.;)

we did the "hop-on/hop-off" trolley which worked out great for us. We were able to learn about the area and get on and off when we came to something we were really interested in.

Key West is fun!!!

We did this too one time - great fun! Every other time we just walked Duval St., and popped in & out of bars as necessary! :D

I agree with the above posters - We took the hop on/hop off trolley when we were there in July. We loved every second! So worth it.

I'm going back in February, and will probably do the trolley. Side note - the City View trolley is cheaper if you buy passes at the pier as opposed to through Carnival beforehand. ;)

I also have done the 'hop on/hop off trolley' and would recommend it for a first time visitor. Its a great way to see the island and not worry about the hassle of navigating yourself. In return trips we have pretty much walked Duval and enjoyed the various bars and restaurants key west has to offer.

Wife and I are right now in key west(Magic-dec 8 sailing). We saw many in scooters or bicycles. We went to ripley's believe it or not for $14.99,not bad. We stopped at Sloppy joe's on duval street and had drinks/wings(very good).

My wife and I were born and raised in KW. If you rent scooters please be careful. I remember seeing a girl depart the rental lot by pulling back on the throttle before she was fully seated and drive straight across the street and through a hotel door. The electric cars are safer but the last time I drove one it had a limited driving range due to the battery. The Conch train is cool for a first time visitor. Kick back and enjoy the informative ride and then hit Duval Street's bars and t-shirt shops on the way back to the ship. The women love the Kino's sandal shop that is located a block or two from the Mallory Square port.

You might also just consider walking, which is how we navigated KW. We found the area around Duval Street rather congested with various kinds of vehicles (cars, bicycles, HO/HO trains, etc), so walking was a good choice for us. It's just a little more than a mile from one end of Duval Street to the other.