pre cruise regret..waranted?

pandarider123

I asked the people who said I will regret carnival. My aunt said she cruised carnival year ago and that the food was bad and the entertainment was cheesy..she said was use to royal Caribbean. My friend travels a lot and goes to resorts and said never been on carnival but would never stoop to that level.he then said he'd be nervous captian would crash ship.

You are not going to know if YOU like it unless you try it. Food is very subjective. What some think is bad you may like and vice versa. I find the food on Carnival to be very similar to Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. It is just banquet type food, cooked for hundreds at a time. It is not going to be like cooked to order type meals.

Are you really going to take the advice of someone who has never been on a cruise, much less Carnival?? I wouldn't even bother listening to this person as they are trying to give you advice on something that they know nothing about.

If it were me I would stop discussing the cruise with them. Just tell them you are going to try it and form your own opinions. You can tell them what YOU think when you get back.

We did our first cruise on Carnival just recently and we aren't drinkers or partiers but we loved carnival so much we recently booked another cruise and had a choice of Carnival or Royal Caribbean. We went with Carnival again. It's VERY nice and and you will have a great time. Don't let what some here have had to say about it distract you. We re-chose it because we like the liveliness of the people on board.

Sorry....I have not been on it nor do I read much about it since I will never cruise out of Texas *I live in Florida LOL

I thought it had them, I am pretty sure it has Red Frog ??

sorry for any misinformation..but really the OP is still so negative I no longer see any reason to keep trying to convince people to sail on Carnival LOL

I don't own stock in it or work for them...if a friend tells them the captain can't steer the ship after all these people have tried to reassure them why bother?

Maybe they should just stay home, no skin off my nose

I do get sick of people starting new threads with totally unfounded nonsense from "friends" and family...people try to "help" and they are still "unsure" ...then why bother to convince them?? It is their money, their vacation = do what you want

If Auntie tells u to cruise Royal Caribbean , then ante up the bucks and enjoy the Allure is my thoughts

I don't see how I am being negative I make minimum wage and just want to make sure I wasn't making a mistake I am using all extra money from a year ago to free up to go on this cruise.

Is it worlds above that I should cancel my current booking? Don't expect wprld class just don't want a bad time and be put off cruising in gerneral

We have been on several CCL cruises. Have not a problem. Like any vacation, sometimes things will come up but they get taken care of. Plenty of things to do on board the ship. CCL would have not get to be the largest cruise line in the world if they were terrible. Go into it with reasonable expectations, as any vacation.

CCL does have a guarantee in place...

Which states, If your not happy within 24 hours of the cruise, let guest service know. They will refund you plus fly you back home at there expense when you reach the first port.

Nothing to lose.

Edited by limoguy1

Ports will be roatan cozumel belize

Always remember this...people will always criticize something. My first cruise was on Royal Caribbean and I was disappointed that I didn't take Carnival. The next cruise I booked was on Carnival and I have another cruise booked on Carnival next October. Try and it see if it is something that you would like. For me, I enjoy the laid back attitude that Carnival offers, but they also take care of their customers as well. You make the cruise!! Go and enjoy, have a wonderful time and then decide if Carnival is something you should stay with. Someone also mentioned checking out the different posts here in the Carnival forum, and they are right. There are tons of reviews to read and photos as well to view.

I don't see how I am being negative I make minimum wage and just want to make sure I wasn't making a mistake I am using all extra money from a year ago to free up to go on this cruise.

Look, you saved for this trip and should go. The Magic is a beautiful ship and I think you will enjoy it. No way would this be considered a mistake in my book.

We have been on several CCL cruises. Have not a problem. Like any vacation, sometimes things will come up but they get taken care of. Plenty of things to do on board the ship. CCL would have not get to be the largest cruise line in the world if they were terrible. Go into it with reasonable expectations, as any vacation.

CCL does have a guarantee in place...

Which states, If your not happy within 24 hours of the cruise, let guest service know. They will refund you plus fly you back home at there expense when you reach the first port.

Nothing to lose.

I dir not know of this garentee. .that relieves a lot of concerns. .I wikk deffently give carnival a try!

Make sure you budget for the expenses you will incur on board such as tips to dining room staff and room attendants. if you plan on drinking then brace yourself as the drink prices are sky high.

You can bring on a bottle of wine and 12 pack of soda in your carry-on. Glad you decided to keep your cruise.

It's your first cruise, you are in your early 20's............You should love Carnival!! I have sailed both Carnival & Princess. If you could take them a slap them together it would be the perfect cruise line for me. Carnival is fun while Princess is Elegant. Most of the Princess cruises I have been on get pretty dead by 10pm. The last one was different on The Royal Princess. I did see people out quite a bit later. The food was the best I have ever had. But, knowing now what I didn't know back for my first cruise I am so glad I started with Carnival. You will have a great time. Make sure to splurge one night and do the Steakhouse!!

:D You're in your twenties?

First Cruise?

Birthday too?

WHAT are you worried about, girl? OMG You're laughing! :D

Your biggest problem

will be affording the addiction for cruises numbers 2, 3, 4, .......

We'll be needing a report when you get back, OK?

Ignore all the whining negativity you'll read here on CruiseCritic

I've never been on a cruise before and never been out of country, so three months ago I booked a may birthday cruise. Only princess and carnival had cruises near when I wanyed it and departed on galveston.ended up picking carnival magic and was so excited but then as months went by I hear from more and more people..even family members saying carnival is bad cruise line and should of booked princess (heard that was owned by carnival so doesn't make sense) .I understand for the price I can't expect high class but did I really make a mistake choosing carnival over princess. Or is this all over hype over that one bad cruise and the concordia. I'm on low income and just going to applebees or chilis is considered special so I am not hard to please. That being said has anyone been on carnival magic in last year or so that can tell me how it went. Is carnival really a bad line ? Should cancel my booking and book princess?

Did you do know that Princess is owned by the Carnival Corporation (they also own Holland America and Cunard)?

Anyway, we just got back from our 8th Carnival cruise last week. I've also cruised Princess, Norwegian and Royal Carribean. Carnival is equal to all of those in my opinion.

You will truly enjoy it! Don't fret! We have loved every cruise we've been on, but choose Carnival more often because they are just as good (in our humble opinion) and the price is better!

BTW, we booked Victor Bodden tours in Roatan and had a wonderful time with our guide!

I've never been on a cruise before and never been out of country, so three months ago I booked a may birthday cruise. Only princess and carnival had cruises near when I wanyed it and departed on galveston.ended up picking carnival magic and was so excited but then as months went by I hear from more and more people..even family members saying carnival is bad cruise line and should of booked princess (heard that was owned by carnival so doesn't make sense) .I understand for the price I can't expect high class but did I really make a mistake choosing carnival over princess. Or is this all over hype over that one bad cruise and the concordia. I'm on low income and just going to applebees or chilis is considered special so I am not hard to please. That being said has anyone been on carnival magic in last year or so that can tell me how it went. Is carnival really a bad line ? Should cancel my booking and book princess?

DO NOT Cancel Your cruise and have no fear. A cruise on any ship is how you make it and what you take away from it in IMO. Their will be haters of Carnival as haters of other cruise lines. The price per vacation is a deal I think you cant beat. My cruises have been Awesome even when I was sick once ( Cold) IT really is how you yourself take it. Have a wonderful time. Ive never cruised the magic but The reviews are pretty decent for the ship itself.

Did you do know that Princess is owned by the Carnival Corporation (they also own Holland America and Cunard)?

Anyway, we just got back from our 8th Carnival cruise last week. I've also cruised Princess, Norwegian and Royal Carribean. Carnival is equal to all of those in my opinion.

You will truly enjoy it! Don't fret! We have loved every cruise we've been on, but choose Carnival more often because they are just as good (in our humble opinion) and the price is better!

BTW, we booked Victor Bodden tours in Roatan and had a wonderful time with our guide!

Carnival Cruiseline is owned by CArnival Corporation & plc. They own many other cruise lines - Carnival is just one of the brands the parent company owns.

Aida, Costa, Carnival, Cunard, Holland American, Ibero, P&O Cruises, P&O Cruises Australia, Princess and Seabourn

Edited by arush5268d

You are going to LOVE Carnival!

How do I know?

You're in your early twenties

You want to have fun

You're not snobby

You don't want boring

Going to Chili's and Applebee's is special when you go

I'm a lot older, and I mean a lot, than you and pretty darn fussy too but Carnival is my line of choice.

Why?

It is a lot of bang for your buck

It's not snobby

The focus of Carnival is on fun - that's why they're called the fun ships

The food is good, at least as good as Chili's and Applebee's but, imo, a lot better.

The staterooms are very nice

The staff is wonderful

The ships are lovely, maybe not to everyone's taste, but they ARE nice

There is always something going on

I am NEVER bored

I went on my first Carnival cruise in Jan. '13, the last one was in Nov. and I have 3 more coming up in 2014 and will start booking my 2015 cruises when I get back from my cruise next month.

I can also afford to go on any cruise line I want but I choose Carnival for all of the reasons I listed above and more.

Quit worrying and start making some plans.

Take some time to learn about the important things you need to know.

Study the deck plans for Magic

Do a search for menus and Fun Times from Magic

Fun Times are the great newsletter you get everyday in your cabin that lists all of the events that are happening on the ship that day.

There is nothing to worry about except how much fun you're going to have! :)

. Is carnival really a bad line ? Should cancel my booking and book princess?

No, absolutely NOT.

This is your first cruise. CCL is not horrible, it's just not for everyone. Keep your booking. Enjoy your cruise and then next time try another line...and the time after that try a third one. Because after your first cruise (on any line) you will be hooked and you should then try them all. Don't limit yourself and although you should get tips on cruising when you can, the only way to know which cruise line(s) are good for you is to sail them ALL and figure what works best for you.

Have fun :) And remember...don't be line monogamous...those people are boring ;)

You're not being negative. You're new to cruising and are spending a chunk on a line with a negative reputation, so you come here to ease your concerns. That is exactly what you should be doing. Don't let people here scare you off.

Edited by halos

How many people will it take to "convince" the OP??

if people stand on their head and promise the moon will OP sail Carnival?

and why should or would people here care? I don't...I am not a stockholder

if someone chooses to sail or not sail Carnival really makes no difference to me

I mean...ask a question..get 20 answers...come back with more negative stuff about what your Aunt said about a cruise from years ago and such...who cares?? Get 20 more answers....come back with more...

Go or don't go - have fun either way

if someone chooses to sail or not sail Carnival really makes no difference to me

I mean...ask a question..get 20 answers...come back with more negative stuff about what your Aunt said about a cruise from years ago and such...who cares?? Get 20 more answers....come back with more...

What is your problem lol? Your posts are far more negative then mine..yet I'm the negative one.

Relax, you seemed more bothered than people trying to help. She has questions or concerns, better now than later when she returns and get flamed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Ports will be roatan cozumel belize

Belize =( So jealous... I wanted to go there this January but my mother cant spare the few extra days to make it a 8day cruise so am stuck with a 6day and I couldnt find one that went to Belize on a 6 day cruise...

In January it will be my second cruise and Im not sure what people are expecting but from a military pay and standard of living point of view, the service/shows/food are all excellent on Carnival. I went on the Freedom and am booked to go on the Breeze soon. If this is your first I dont see how you could be let down in the slightest degree. I had a blast the first time around and I plan to have the same experience.

Take lots of $1s =) Enjoy!