Princess EzAir and TA cruises

cruiselovers20

Hello!

Has anyone used Princess EzAir to book a one-way flight to Europe when taking a TA cruise? We will be taking a cruise out of Venice in the fall 2014 and it seems that the only flight options Princess offers are round trip and/or multi city. Any comments/suggestions are appreciated!:)

I've never used Princess EzAir but being on a roll call where passengers are using it, I understand Princess does not offer one way flight options. Call Princess EzAir.

BTW cruiselovers 20, I see your on our Regal TA to Ft. Lauderdale Oct. 17/14 roll call but you rarely post. That topic is being discussed extensively. :)

EZ Air is always (so far) round-trip. For our April Happy Birthday Transatlantic on Royal we are flying Jet Blue to FLL & Icelandair back from Berlin, all booked independently.

OTOH we used EZ Air to fly Air Canada from BOS thru Montreal to Rome, & Iberia back to BOS. It was a much better deal than we could have done.

Steve

Hello!

Has anyone used Princess EzAir to book a one-way flight to Europe when taking a TA cruise? We will be taking a cruise out of Venice in the fall 2014 and it seems that the only flight options Princess offers are round trip and/or multi city. Any comments/suggestions are appreciated!:)

I called Princess and they do not do one way bookings unless you live in a state that the cruise is returning or departing from. So for this cruise people in southern Florida can will get it but not us. I think we are on the same cruise and I'm in the boat. (pun intended) Right now Princess only has Delta for flights back to PHL with a stop over in ATL. Luggage fees and a stopover are not appealing. The nice lady I talked to said they do use other carriers out of Florida so to wait for awhile. So I'm waiting and checking Kayak.

Cynthia

Some Princess agents can get creative when it comes to EZAir. I am one of the lucky Floridians who needed to fly from Tampa to LHR a couple of months ago for a TA. Trying initially to book it from my home airport proved to be very difficult. Fortunately the agent I was working with was creative enough to try switching my home airport to MIA, which enabled him to get me booked on a flight to MIA, and then a direct flight from there to LHR. It also allowed me to make my own arrangements for a flight fom FLL back to TPA, with Southwest. It all worked out great.

Last year I did a Venice to FLL TA, and EZAir got me flights on USAir, TPA to Philly, and then a direct from Philly to Venice.

When I booked my TA cruise from Southampton to FL a couple of days ago. Princess quoted an Air Add-On of £390 pp from FL to London. I have the usual booking time scale to decide whether or not to accept this price. I know single flights can often cost more and I don't know if this is a good price or not. In the meantime, I'm looking around to see if I can get a better deal elsewhere.

Edited by cornish1

I called Princess and they do not do one way bookings unless you live in a state that the cruise is returning or departing from. So for this cruise people in southern Florida can will get it but not us.

Hi Cynthia. Following my previous post here I do remember that what you say here is correct.

Once again cruiselovers20, I would suggest you actually call Princess EzAir and explain your exact situation.

Not true - Princess does offer one way flights. We just took the maiden voyage on Royal out of Venice October of this year. EZ air through Princess was half of the price of all other airlines and, obviously, went one way to Venice as we would be getting off after the cruise in Ft.Lauderdale. Any and all arrangements were made by calling Princess agents directly who were very helpful. Additionally I was trying to coordinate flights to meet with friends who were also going on this trip with as well. It did take a few phone calls due to trying to ultimately fly with our friends out of Detroit to Venice but Princess was able to work it out. Good luck.

Hello!

Princess does offer one way flights if you put FLL or MIA as your gateway

On your cruise booking.

Princess does offer one-way fares with some limitations. We are booked on the Sapphire Princess LA to Osaka, Japan 2014 and were able to get a one way ticket from Osaka to LAX thru Princess. We live in Arizona and tried to get a one way ticket from Osaka to PHX, but that was not possible thru EZ Air. So we booked with Princess and will fly SWA from LAX to PHX on our own. Call Princess and they will work with you, sometimes it takes a few phone calls to get it worked out but keep trying. For us it was much better pricing thru EX Air.

Not true - Princess does offer one way flights. We just took the maiden voyage on Royal out of Venice October of this year. EZ air through Princess was half of the price of all other airlines and, obviously, went one way to Venice as we would be getting off after the cruise in Ft.Lauderdale. Any and all arrangements were made by calling Princess agents directly who were very helpful. Additionally I was trying to coordinate flights to meet with friends who were also going on this trip with as well. It did take a few phone calls due to trying to ultimately fly with our friends out of Detroit to Venice but Princess was able to work it out. Good luck.

How did you get back to Detroit from FLL? Did you book it on your own?

Cynthia

Delta goes to Detroit from FLL.

In general it is good to scout out independent arrangements and then EZ-Air. We have found EZ-Air best for transatlantic, & do our own for domestic.

We had an exceptional Princess agent who helped change our flight to Rome this year. The original booking got us to Rome at 5:30PM. By re-booking thru Air Canada we got there at 9:00AM & had a whole extra day.

Steve

We did Princess EZ air this past fall for the Royal TA from Venice to FLL. No problems....we flew Toronto to Venice (via Heathrow) and FLL to Toronto at the end of the cruise. Much cheaper than we could have managed on our own.

We are also booked on a Royal TA in Fall 2014 and again are booked thru EZ air....Toronto to Berlin (via Heathrow again) and NYC to Toronto at the end...again cheaper than on our own. Talk to Princess.

We did Princess EZ air this past fall for the Royal TA from Venice to FLL. No problems....we flew Toronto to Venice (via Heathrow) and FLL to Toronto at the end of the cruise. Much cheaper than we could have managed on our own.

We are also booked on a Royal TA in Fall 2014 and again are booked thru EZ air....Toronto to Berlin (via Heathrow again) and NYC to Toronto at the end...again cheaper than on our own. Talk to Princess.

Problem the OP is having is just wanting EZAir in one direction. You used it with no problem because you used it for both catching the ship and returning home.

Question: is the Princess EZAir round trip less expensive than booking it yourself one-way? If that's the case, you can always book the air and not use the return ticket.

That's called “Throwaway Ticketing” and is prohibited by most airlines. Although few people have been penalized for it, you might want to read your airlines ticketing contract. They generally reserve the right to re-ticket you at full one-way fares, but seldom actually do it.