Recommend me some excursions.....please

zorro69

We just did the "personal mini-subs" through Oceanus. They are underwater scooters!! No experience necessary, easy to use and so much fun!!! We've been to Cozumel numerous times and have done dune buggies, X-rails, Nachi Cocum, Snorkeling tours, Catamarans, shopped the town, Cozumel Bar Hop, etc. Wanted something different this time and we had a ball!!

Close to the ship pier (I think it was an $8 cab ride for all three of us) and we got to hang at the resort and use the pool, showers, etc. when finished.

This looks like so much fun..... a few questions (I hope you will see this) Can you wear glasses under the "sub"? My husband snorkels with me but can't see anything so I always feel bad - this may be an alternative. Do they take pictures that we can purchase or should we bring our own camera? How nice (or bad) was Hotel Cozumel. Will we be able to entertain ourselves for 2 hours after the excursion or should I plan something else?

Ah!!

I don't want to be the only weirdo!!

Need to think about this then - I was looking forward to getting dressed up, but not if I am the only one! :eek:

You won't be nor look like a "weirdo." It's been maybe 3 years since my last Carnival cruise (my upcoming one will be my 19th on Carnival) but in the past there has always been at least a couple of men dressed in a tux. Not many, I'll admit, & my husband used to be one of them but he was never alone. Now he's been slacking on the the formal dressing up - lol.

It's your 25th anniversary, you were looking forward to it, go for it! You'll look classy & it will make your pictures special. I'm sure it will please your wife too that you went that extra mile to look great for her. Enjoy & all the best for your next 25 years!!!

Ah!!

I don't want to be the only weirdo!!

Need to think about this then - I was looking forward to getting dressed up, but not if I am the only one! :eek:

Hi Zorro

I always bring my tux. My feeling is that people can dress as they wish, but there are designated formal evenings and if you are the only person dressed appropriately you aren't weird, you are the only one dressed appropriately. It's your vacation and celebration...have fun. You won't be the only one in a tux:)

Have a great trip

Ian

This looks like so much fun..... a few questions (I hope you will see this) Can you wear glasses under the "sub"? My husband snorkels with me but can't see anything so I always feel bad - this may be an alternative. Do they take pictures that we can purchase or should we bring our own camera? How nice (or bad) was Hotel Cozumel. Will we be able to entertain ourselves for 2 hours after the excursion or should I plan something else?

Yes, you can absolutely wear glasses. You do have to "dunk under" to get your head into the bubble, so they will get wet - unless he wants to put them in a baggie or something. There's room enough to bring your hands up into the bubble and put on glasses.

They do take photos....and nice ones too! They also did a video for us. It think it had about 30 photos and a 2 minute video set to music for $30. I thought that was WELL worth it! Hotel Cozumel was fine. Definitely not luxury, but the pool was big and clean and they have showers down at the water as well. You are free to use their beach bar and pool bar and restaurant, but we did not. We were saving ourselves for food and drinks downtown. We did swim in the pool and lay out in the sun at the pool for about an hour after our trip. It was nice. VERY quiet. You can also snorkel down at the "beach" but we didn't take our gear. All in all, a really fun easy excursion.

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

yes, you can absolutely wear glasses. You do have to "dunk under" to get your head into the bubble, so they will get wet - unless he wants to put them in a baggie or something. There's room enough to bring your hands up into the bubble and put on glasses.

They do take photos....and nice ones too! They also did a video for us. It think it had about 30 photos and a 2 minute video set to music for $30. I thought that was well worth it! Hotel cozumel was fine. Definitely not luxury, but the pool was big and clean and they have showers down at the water as well. You are free to use their beach bar and pool bar and restaurant, but we did not. We were saving ourselves for food and drinks downtown. We did swim in the pool and lay out in the sun at the pool for about an hour after our trip. It was nice. Very quiet. You can also snorkel down at the "beach" but we didn't take our gear. All in all, a really fun easy excursion.

thank you!!!

Yes, you can absolutely wear glasses. You do have to "dunk under" to get your head into the bubble, so they will get wet - unless he wants to put them in a baggie or something. There's room enough to bring your hands up into the bubble and put on glasses.

They do take photos....and nice ones too! They also did a video for us. It think it had about 30 photos and a 2 minute video set to music for $30. I thought that was WELL worth it! Hotel Cozumel was fine. Definitely not luxury, but the pool was big and clean and they have showers down at the water as well. You are free to use their beach bar and pool bar and restaurant, but we did not. We were saving ourselves for food and drinks downtown. We did swim in the pool and lay out in the sun at the pool for about an hour after our trip. It was nice. VERY quiet. You can also snorkel down at the "beach" but we didn't take our gear. All in all, a really fun easy excursion.

I know that you can buy an AI day pass at hotel Cozumel but can you tell me if they are able to take cash purchases for food and drink at the beach bar? We called in briefly to have a look round last time we were in the area but it looked like everyone had a wrist band so we didn't know if they were like Park Royal and unable to take cash?

I know that you can buy an AI day pass at hotel Cozumel but can you tell me if they are able to take cash purchases for food and drink at the beach bar? We called in briefly to have a look round last time we were in the area but it looked like everyone had a wrist band so we didn't know if they were like Park Royal and unable to take cash?

Yes, we could have purchased at the bar or restaurant by the pool :) Well, that's what they told us, but we did not.

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Do not book the Buggy Excursion in Cozumel with Island Marketing - big waste of money and the whole day.

Enjoy!

Are you referring to the Offroad Buggy tour to Jade Caverns or the Dune Buggy excursion that goes to lighthouse, croc refuge, and snorkeling? Also, what was so bad about it? Thanks.