Please help....

valandemmy

OK...so here is my problem...

I left my wallet with all my credit cards at home. We drive down and always have our ID's and Birth Certificates in a separate "cruise" folder...but the Credit cards we used to set the On board account and off shore excursions are sitting nicely at home. We did not bring enough cash to do all of the things we had planned for... Will carnival let me set up (which is already done) my onboard account without having the card in hand...or can I get my Inlaws to text me a picture of the card with my name and numbers visible... PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!! :eek:

I think I have screwed up the vacation for the whole family because of this...

Looks like you are cruising tomorrow. Can someone back home send it next day air, early AM delivery to your hotel, or wherever it is that you are staying? You should get it by 10AM. Otherwise, you may want to call Carnival and ask them. Good luck and keep us posted.

Looks like you are cruising tomorrow. Can someone back home send it next day air, early AM delivery to your hotel, or wherever it is that you are staying? You should get it by 10AM. Otherwise, you may want to call Carnival and ask them. Good luck and keep us posted.

I dont know of any place that will do a next day air on a Sunday? Do you guys know of any???

I dont know of any place that will do a next day air on a Sunday? Do you guys know of any???

Either a local UPS/Fed Ex office, or a Kinkos type of place. There definitely ARE places. I know for a fact Kinkos can. Even better if there is a UPS/Fed Ex facility close to your home.

I don't recall CCL ever asking me to 'show' my credit card since I, like you, set up my onboard account on line.

Like LUPY48, because I set up the account online, I have never had to show my card at boarding or aboard the ship. But Western Union still offers instant money transfers. Good luck!

Edited by AZNative2000

You don't have to physically show your credit card when you check in. If you have sufficient credit on this card, you can charge everything to your S & S and it will be automatically deducted from your card by Carnival.

Don't panic.

The only thing you now need to worry about it cash for your ports of call...

I was never asked to show my card at check in to get on the ship.

I do everything on line at home before I go. That is for your onboard account, so not sure if you were planning to use the credit card out at ports.

Really? I also set up my onboard account in advance online but when I get to the port, they have asked for my credit card to be swiped upon check in. :confused:

Really? I also set up my onboard account in advance online but when I get to the port, they have asked for my credit card to be swiped upon check in. :confused:

Yes, really. I remember even asking if they needed to see it, because I had recently changed my card due to a fraud scare, and canceled the old one. I wasn't sure if I had set up my account under the new card. They knew that it was good (probably they do a pre-auth), and said you are good to go!

To be honest I don't remember if they ask for the card or not. And you're already getting various opinions on here. OP should call Carnival asap and find out if you need that CC or not. Hope it doesn't ruin your vacation. Perhaps if you do they will take a scanned pic. Can't imagine they won't let you use that card in an emergency if you can get a picture to them and have other forms of ID. You will need some money on the ships even if you don't spend a dime. There's the tips unless you remove everyone of them. Good luck.

Same here. The card has to be swiped to get your info. in the system.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

To be honest I don't remember if they ask for the card or not. And you're already getting various opinions on here. OP should call Carnival asap and find out if you need that CC or not. Hope it doesn't ruin your vacation. Perhaps if you do they will take a scanned pic. Can't imagine they won't let you use that card in an emergency if you can get a picture to them and have other forms of ID. You will need some money on the ships even if you don't spend a dime. There's the tips unless you remove everyone of them. Good luck.

If you call Carnival, you're likely to get three different answers if you talk to three different people.

It seems that it is possibly varying by ship, I know FOR SURE they didn't even want to see mine. Like I said, I did set up my onboard account on line as part of my check in. I know it was on Carnival, as I have only cruised on Carnival, not sure exactly which ship it was. I can't comment FOR SURE on every ship, that is the only incident which sticks in my mind as I recall about the credit card, as I had switched credit card accounts shortly before the cruise and I wanted to be sure they had the correct one. When he said I was good to go, I was kind of surprised. But sure enough, I got the charges on my credit card statement!

I didn't have to show my card, in fact I offered it to them and they told me they didn't need it since I set everything up online. Even if you don't plan to spend a dime onboard they make you set up an account secured with either cash or credit.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by fam2cruise

I sure hope that I don't have to show my CC at sign in... If thats the case everything will be GREAT...if not...its a lot less money for Carnival :rolleyes: because we will not be doing anything that cost money on the ship...lol.

Take your left hand and remove any hair that may be on your fore head.

Now take your right hand and slap it hard against your fore head,and say.

Damn I could have had a V8 , then head to the nearest bar and request a dirty martini. Shaken not stirred :p;):D

Take your left hand and remove any hair that may be on your fore head.

Now take your right hand and slap it hard against your fore head,and say.

Damn I could have had a V8 , then head to the nearest bar and request a dirty martini. Shaken not stirred :p;):D

haha, LOVE IT