Menus on Back to Back?

Beyondthe7Seas

You will find some of the same items but also some differences. HAL is offering many Collector's Cruises and they have adapted to having some variation in the menus. In the past, when we did a b-to-b vs Collectors, the menus were almost always just about the same.

Hello all,

We will be going on a B2B cruise on the NA in January. Do the menus change between the eastern and western itinerary or is it the same?

Thanks for any help!

Elizabeth

The Culinary Operations Manager on the Zuiderdam, Ron, gave me the menus for all of the 7-day cruises for this Caribbean season. I have scanned them and you will find them at this link.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=309

There are two series of menus that will alternate so you will see both on your B2B.

Enjoy your cruise.

We did a B2B this summer and wondered the same thing. Each menu on the second leg were half of the selections from the previous week and half brand new selections. For example, out of the 6 entrees offered, 3 would be repeats and 3 would be new. Hope that helps.

We did a B2B this summer and wondered the same thing. Each menu on the second leg were half of the selections from the previous week and half brand new selections. For example, out of the 6 entrees offered, 3 would be repeats and 3 would be new. Hope that helps.

That sounds like just about what we have experienced.

Works out well for us.

We have a chance to have something new or enjoy an old favorite. :)

The Culinary Operations Manager on the Zuiderdam, Ron, gave me the menus for all of the 7-day cruises for this Caribbean season. I have scanned them and you will find them at this link.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=309

There are two series of menus that will alternate so you will see both on your B2B.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for those - but now I'm hungry!

Wondering about a 10 day/11 day B2B? Would these be the first 7 days on each leg? What about the other days? DH (who hates technology, btw) has been studying those menus, I think food is one of his reasons to cruise!

Wondering about a 10 day/11 day B2B? Would these be the first 7 days on each leg? What about the other days? DH (who hates technology, btw) has been studying those menus, I think food is one of his reasons to cruise!

On 10/11 day cruises, you will see many of the same dishes as the 7 day plus others. They will not necessarily be served in the same order, per day, or with the same other choices on same night. Your menu for all 10 or 11 days of your cruise will be different each night. However, you might see a few favorites, such as prime rib, offered more than once.

Edited by sail7seas

As reported by the Culinary Operations Manager on our recent Panama Canal cruise, the 10-day menu is the same as the 11-day menu minus Day 9.

Hello all,

We will be going on a B2B cruise on the NA in January. Do the menus change between the eastern and western itinerary or is it the same?

Thanks for any help!

Elizabeth

I can't think there would ever be a problem simply because there ARE so many choices; at least a Vegetarian choice; a beef choice, 2 fish choices, a chicken/fowl choice and often a destination choice; We recently were on a Grand cruise of over 70 days and I can honestly say the menu [and its RESULTS] were wonderful.....AND they had Escargot appetizers at least 10 times! ;) !!!!! There are usually 5 BASIC choices as well; close to a dozen NIGHTLY main course choices!

I can't think there would ever be a problem simply because there ARE so many choices; at least a Vegetarian choice; a beef choice, 2 fish choices, a chicken/fowl choice and often a destination choice; We recently were on a Grand cruise of over 70 days and I can honestly say the menu [and its RESULTS] were wonderful.....AND they had Escargot appetizers at least 10 times! ;) !!!!! There are usually 5 BASIC choices as well; close to a dozen NIGHTLY main course choices![/quote]

Nearly a dozen nightly main course choices??

That is something.

I can't think there would ever be a problem simply because there ARE so many choices; at least a Vegetarian choice; a beef choice, 2 fish choices, a chicken/fowl choice and often a destination choice; We recently were on a Grand cruise of over 70 days and I can honestly say the menu [and its RESULTS] were wonderful.....AND they had Escargot appetizers at least 10 times! ;) !!!!! There are usually 5 BASIC choices as well; close to a dozen NIGHTLY main course choices![/quote]

Nearly a dozen nightly main course choices??

That is something.

I agree...... that is remarkable. Even if including the three always available they offer, that means nine other entree choices each night. That's great.

I agree...... that is remarkable. Even if including the three always available they offer, that means nine other entree choices each night. That's great.

There were nights that I ordered Shrimp cocktail and [main course] the basic chicken. Because I need LESS spices than some choices, this was OK for me. What makes me crazy is people that can't figure out for THEMSELVES that the whole menu HAS a HUGE variety of choices :)