Spa Treatments

nutley chick

What are your go to treatments at the spa when you are on board? And how much do you usually spend. I'm trying to budget a few treatments into my cruise allowance. I will be in a spa balcony so that should save me some.

Be forewarned - a spa cabin will not give you any price break on spa treatments such as massages, etc. However, access to the spa area hydrotherapy pool and other facilites are included with your cabin.

What are your go to treatments at the spa when you are on board? And how much do you usually spend. I'm trying to budget a few treatments into my cruise allowance. I will be in a spa balcony so that should save me some.

When I sailed on the Breakaway in Aug if you booked a spa treatment on embarkation day, you got 20% off the treatment. I booked one. I got the 20% off but then an 18% gratuity was added to the bill. I booked the 75 min hot stone massage. The bill was about $185.

I was in a Haven Spa Suite and you get no discount on any treatments if staying in any spa cabins.

Edited by Godiva830

Watch for spa specials too. They tend to have lower prices on port days. On my last trip, they had specials for sea days if you booked for early morning. I think it depends on if passengers are booking or not...I see incentives that vary by sailing and demand.

Have a great cruise!

coka

Having spa treatments is my favorite indulgence on cruises. I will give you a mini review of some of the treatments I have had and the price (sea days) as of my June cruise on the Breakaway.

Elemis Oxydermy Facial - 50 minutes - $169 - probably the best facial I have had land or sea. Many masks and lots of massaging. The therapist also uses an oxygen machine on your face, and the end result which last several months most definitely reduces fine lines and wrinkles.

Bliss Triple Oxygen Facial - 75 minutes - $160 - this is an ok facial, but IMO better results with Elemis products than Bliss.

Elemis Aroma Stone Therapy - 75 minutes - $195 - if you like stone massages this is the one to get. Very relaxing.

Thai Herbal Poultice Massage - 75 Minutes - $195 - before I booked this massage I saw a youtube video of it and thought I would like it but really didn't. It is more like a pounding than a massage and I was quite sore for several days after.

Reflexology - 50 minutes - $119 - love love love this treatment. If you like your feet and legs massaged this is a good choice, plus eliminates any fluid retention in your legs.

Elemis Absolute Spa Ritual - 100 minutes - $259 - I call this treatment the best spa bang for your buck. Starts with an Elemis Pro Collagen Facial which is very nice, followed by a 50 minute Swedish massage. If you book it, plan for some serious nap time after :)

Elemis Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Glow - 75 minutes - $199 - this is a very nice body scrub that leaves you silky smooth followed by a Swedish massage.

Elemis Aroma Spa Seaweed Massage - 100 minutes - $195 - I had this treatment on Princess and it is the same on NCL. This is one of those never again treatments for me!! You are slathered with this seaweed mud, wrapped in a space blanket, and you are on this waterbed type table which with the push of a button sucks you down where you can't move a muscle then the bed vibrates for about 15 minutes. The process was not explained to me prior, and being on the claustophobic side I kind of freaked. Managed to stay in that position for the 15 minutes, but took hours to get my panicked heart rate down. Think of being in quick sand as that about summed up this treatment for me.

Had the manis and pedis, they are ok, better to get them cheaper at home before your cruise.

Lastly, all treatments add an automatic 18% tip so no need to add extra unless the therapist was exceptional.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Having spa treatments is my favorite indulgence on cruises. I will give you a mini review of some of the treatments I have had and the price (sea days) as of my June cruise on the Breakaway.

Elemis Oxydermy Facial - 50 minutes - $169 - probably the best facial I have had land or sea. Many masks and lots of massaging. The therapist also uses an oxygen machine on your face, and the end result which last several months most definitely reduces fine lines and wrinkles.

Lastly, all treatments add an automatic 18% tip so no need to add extra unless the therapist was exceptional.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Does the Elemis Oxydermy Facial leave your skin red afterwards? It sounds nice but I'd like to know when to schedule it so as not to scare the other passengers :eek:

On my last cruise the day before we left my RA began to flair and my joints in my fingers were starting to swell and become painful. I avoid prednisone due to issues I had with it so figured this would be lots of Naproxen. During the Spa tour got to talking with the acupuncturist and she felt she could bring me some relief. So as the Star was heading down the Mississippi I got my very first acupuncture treatment. By bedtime that night the swelling was going down and by the next morning was gone and no pain. I have never had it resolve that quickly. I have continued with acupuncture since and things have remained stable.

I have had massages by relatives of Attila the Hun on cruises so a little hesitant in that area.

Loved the Elemis Oxydermy facial. And the Seaweed massage - not every happening again.

I absolutely loved the Thai coconut oil/poultice massage. My skin felt like a million bucks after -- so soft and smooth. I honestly didn't feel like I was getting "pounded"; more like heavy kneading. I had mine on a port day so it was about $20 less than the regular price. Also had the Ionothermie which I didn't care for. Expensive and no results in my opinion.

Tracy

Does the Elemis Oxydermy Facial leave your skin red afterwards? It sounds nice but I'd like to know when to schedule it so as not to scare the other passengers :eek:

No, I did not experience any redness following this facial. Since there is some mild dermabrasion involved in this facial, if you get it be sure to use a good suncreen on you face as you will be more prone to sunburn.

If you don't feel the need to get off the ship on every port day (on my last cruise I didn't debark once until I arrived back in Miami) then definitely don't book your spa appointments until you are on board and they start posting the port day specials. They will be MUCH less expensive, and usually they have a lot of slots open on those days (which is why they run the specials in the first place). If you've booked the full price appointments ahead of time, some time it can b

As for what to choose, I ALWAYS have an Elemis facial which not only leaves your skin feeling great but is an incredibly relaxing experience. I totally agree with the posters who said "never again" to a seaweed wrap -- especially as a "plus size" cruiser I was still rinsing seaweed out of various folds and crevices all the next day (I know, TMI) -- and I didn't sense any real benefit from the treatment. On massages, I love the hot stone, but frankly when I'm getting a massage, where I really want the focus is on my legs and feet, so I usually go for reflexology where that's the primary focus of the whole massage time.

I guess this thread is proof that everyone has their own preferences! I found the Seaweed Massage to be, hands-down, the best massage experience ever. The "float bed" is an enormous bladder that is wrapped around you and filled with hot water. There are two sessions in this bed - first with the seaweed, and then a second session after showering and drying off. During the second session, the therapist massages your feet and ankles while you float. After those two sessions, it's over to a standard massage table for the full-body massage. The experience was outrageously relaxing to me, and I am literally counting the days until I can experience it again. One of the first things I will do upon boarding is book that massage!

The bonus is, as Platinum I'll receive a 25% discount for booking it on a port day. Our first port is San Juan, with a 3:00pm arrival. Absolutely perfect! :D

Best ever is hot stones. A looonnnngggg one. I ususlly get a facial too. And have had a few of the exfoliations/massage. Tried Thai poultace. Okay but probably not again.

I get mani pedi right before I leave home at my regular place.

Love the spa. Especially on port days. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I got some good info here. Thank you so much. I knew I could count on my CC family to help me. Now for more questions....

This may be a stupid question but in order to take advantage of the 10%, 20%, 30% discount for booking 3 spa services do you have to do all 3 at the same time? like in 1 visit? I want to book the 3 but don't think I can spend that much time in the spa all at once. I would like to space it out a bit. If I can space it out or over a few days, do I book and pay for all 3 when I make my appointments?

Does anyone know what time the spa opens? I'm an early riser (5:00 - 5:30) and may consider getting a treatment early. Not that early but 7:00 or 8:00 would be great.

I think I have decided on Elemis Oxydermy Facial and Elemis Aroma Spa seaweed massage but can't pick third. Please help me to decide. What isn't included in those 2 that I should try?

On a side note: Has anyone noticed that one of the treatments is called FAT GIRL SLIM? :eek:

On a side note: Has anyone noticed that one of the treatments is called FAT GIRL SLIM? :eek:

Bliss Fat Girl Slim is a product that seems pretty popular, you can buy it at Sephora. It's supposed to help lessen the appearance of cellulite, it doesn't actually do anything at all to melt fat or any of that :) I guess it just plumps the skin so the skin evens out and doesn't dimple as much.

Ok so I got some good info here. Thank you so much. I knew I could count on my CC family to help me. Now for more questions....

This may be a stupid question but in order to take advantage of the 10%, 20%, 30% discount for booking 3 spa services do you have to do all 3 at the same time? like in 1 visit? I want to book the 3 but don't think I can spend that much time in the spa all at once. I would like to space it out a bit. If I can space it out or over a few days, do I book and pay for all 3 when I make my appointments?

Does anyone know what time the spa opens? I'm an early riser (5:00 - 5:30) and may consider getting a treatment early. Not that early but 7:00 or 8:00 would be great.

I think I have decided on Elemis Oxydermy Facial and Elemis Aroma Spa seaweed massage but can't pick third. Please help me to decide. What isn't included in those 2 that I should try?

For the 10/20/30 special you do not have to have all the treatments on the same day but they do have to be on a port day. I would suggest doing the Oxydermy Facial and either a Stone Massage or Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow on a port day early in your cruise before you have had too much sun exposure because with a slight sunburn these treatments can be painful. I would do the Seaweed massage toward the end of your cruise on a port day that is followed by a sea day as this treatment had a detox effect on me, and in addition to feeling generally funky the next day I spent a good deal of time in the bathroom and was glad I was never too far from my cabin.