Another Wine Question!

lakegirl16

I know this has been posted on some of the threads on carrying on wine but I can't find it. We'll be sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale in January. If we carry on more than 2 bottles, we may be charged a fee of $15.00. We're fine with that but wondering how they handle that? If we want to take the bottle to the dining room how do they know we've already paid the $15.00. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Edited by lakegirl16
spelling

I know this has been posted on some of the threads on carrying on wine but I can't find it. We'll be sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale in January. If we carry on more than 2 bottles, we may be charged a fee of $15.00. We're fine with that but wondering how they handle that? If we want to take the bottle to the dining room how do they know we've already paid the $15.00. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

They put a sticker on the bottle.

There will be a sticker placed on the excess bottles to indicate you have already paid the corkage. Just be sure to drink the two freebies in your cabin if you drink some there and take the others to the dining room

And they were assessing the fee in FLL last Sunday when we boarded the Royal. We only had 2 bottles and they just noted that on a tally sheet that a ship's officer (not the hired part time help in the terminal) was keeping.

If my wife and I each bring one bottle of wine there is no corkage assessed at boarding. I know we can drink them in the cabin with no problem. Can we open a bottle in the cabin, possibly drink some there, and then take it to the MDR? Will we be charged a corkage fee in that instance?

Hi;

The short answer is yes, any wine not previously charged a corkage fee taken to any part of the ship other than your cabin is subject to the fee. On your luggage tag is states "One 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne per adult per voyage will not be subject to the corkage fee, IF CONSUMED IN THE STATEROOM."

i doubt if anyone would trouble you with a single glass of wine, but if you are carryiny the bottle, you are subject to the fee.

enjoy your curise.

Dave

Hmmmmm ... I wonder if such actions could have anything to do with princess collecting the corkage at embarcation?

Yeah, I would encourage those who have/do skirt[ed] the policies to refrain from boasting about it on CC lest it cause implementation of stricter anti-skirting measures.