Anyone have experience booking a cruise, while on a cruise?

Hikini

We are going to be on the Spirit in September and want to book another cruise for 2006. I have heard rumors about getting a better deal if you book while on board NCL. Does anyone have any info about this?

Any information will be appreciated!

Hikini:D

I have book 3 cruises while on board. In the first two cases the deals were good and we did get onboard credit. We had to cancel one (before final payment) and did receive a full refund with no problems. The third trip we booked onboard is the 9/11 cruise on the Dawn. The prices have been lowered three times since I booked on the ship. So, the moral of this story, book on the ship and keep checking the prices. If you don't pursue the reduced price you could end up paying more than if you booked directly with a TA. Of course this is the same moral no matter where you book. :)

I will be booking again while on my next trip...

Usually there is the onboard credit and sometimes prices are lower. If you find a lower price after booking you usually can get your price lowered. I guess the onboard credit is the best benefit. If you have the money to use for a deposit when onboard, I suggest you do it.

Katie

My husband booked our cruise next month while we were on the Star in January. He gave them the name of our TA at home and NCL transfered the booking to them. I have watched the sales for the cruise since then. It looks like we got a great price because the cost for the category suite we booked has gone up. We also have $150 in onboard credit waiting for us to use on this cruise.

I think that if I see a cruise that I want to take while I am already on a cruise, I will book again. Especially since I can transfer the booking to my TA.

We have booked twice while on board. First was a Sun Canal cruise while on the Dawn and then a Dawn Western Caribbean while on the Sun :). The price was comparable to the website and we got a credit. (I believe the credit is based on category and length of cruise.) The bookings were transferred to our TA. If you see a cruise sale from NCL and try to get the lower rate, you will lose your onboard credit, so keep that in mind. We were required to place a deposit at time of booking. (it was $800 for 2 on an 11 day cruise)

Archived