Two GAPearl reviews in one! Imagination 3 day 11/15 & Sensation 3 day 12/12- PLATINUM

gapearl

After dinner, I went to the 10 pm show of Al Romas and caught the second half of Ronnie Bullard's 11:15 show. Both guys were funny.

The Illusions Nightclub was P-A-C-K-E-D. It was electric white night. The production playlist cast were passing out glow sticks and glow wristbands and later came in with a little performance. They did this on the Breeze as well, so I guess it's something new. These guys were a little more interactive with the crowd than the cast on the Breeze.

2e4b8754-58b2-48a3-a6f2-6184301f5804_zpsb05e76f3.jpg

d35b5b5a-0fea-48ab-bf6e-b09ae1942afc_zps1b628440.jpg

Glow sticks in the air.

9614d56f-7028-4dd6-bd9c-f2d9a532d0bc_zps8e39c9b5.jpg

Then the DJ cleared the dance floor for the booty shaking competition. First time I've ever seen this! No, I didn't enter haha. :cool: There were like 15 girls that did. Some of the Latina girls would have had Miley Cyrus blushing.

Me with my very own Captain Booze Matt gave me.

097bc10f-808e-442e-8caf-4e75c8fb5f02_zps54e9e8bd.jpg

It was another hot night in there. I honestly don't think they had the AC on. I have never been in a club on a Carnival ship that hot. I was sweating, sorry, glistening, as if I had just run a 5k. My goodness. I stayed out until 3 am and headed up to the lido one last time. I said my goodbyes and headed back to my cabin after exchanging info with a few.

This was short and sweet but now it's time to go. :(

Well you sure know how to have a good solo time! This may have been short, but it was a great review. I will be sailing the Breeze in September with a large group. Give some thought to sailing with our group, the rates are pretty good.

Then the DJ cleared the dance floor for the booty shaking competition. First time I've ever seen this! No, I didn't enter haha. :cool: There were like 15 girls that did. Some of the Latina girls would have had Miley Cyrus blushing.

There was a booty shaking competition on my first cruise 4 years ago, but that was on Royal Caribbean and I have never seen it on Carnival either. My cousin actually won and the DJ kept saying, "Oh my god she's a pro!"...needless to say she had people following her the rest of the cruise, lol.

I have to say, while I always scan through any ship reviews on here and totally appreciate the time and effort people take to write them, I usually don't read through beginning to end unless the review is about a ship that I will be sailing on next. When it comes to GAPearl's reviews, I read every single word and look at every single picture, and am usually sad when I get to that last post.

What an amazing review writer!!:)

P.S. - We will be sailing on the Splendor in 2 weeks, and I was thinking about going to Junkanoo Beach when we get to Nassau. Your pictures and review made my decision easy! Junkanoo....here we come!!:D

Love reading your reviews. You always have so much fun and it comes through in your writing and your photos.

We are going on the 16 days Panama Canal on the Imagination in January so I have a boring question to ask you. Does the Imagination have hair dryers, the ones in the desk drawer? Someone on our roll call said no but since it went into dry dock in September, I thought they might have added hair dryers. It would save having to pack one.

GAPearl, can't wait for the next review. Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. I always look to see if you have posted anything new, so I was excited to see this. Hurry and go on your cruise so we can follow your next review. Very excited!!! So good to see that you had an awesome time!

In the words sung by Cameo....Kim's living the single...single...single...life!!!

You go, little "man magnet!" Too funny that you would have a slew of hot firefighters on your cruise! Girl, I love it. :D What I like about you is that you have a good time with folks, but you do not compromise your integrity. Some other single women need to follow your example. You enjoy life, and I love it. I can't wait for the next cruise.

Hey Kim!

Sorry to hear things didn't work out with you and G. I know you'll find someone! But while you're waiting, keep living the wonderful, fun, single life! You have no problem meeting people! And LOL at your comment for Rochester ladies to burn something, hahahahah!! :p

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Forums mobile app

Well you sure know how to have a good solo time! This may have been short, but it was a great review. I will be sailing the Breeze in September with a large group. Give some thought to sailing with our group, the rates are pretty good.

Thanks a lot! You'll have a great time on the Breeze. I have my mom and I booked on the Freedom of the Seas in September. Would be fun to join you, though!

There was a booty shaking competition on my first cruise 4 years ago, but that was on Royal Caribbean and I have never seen it on Carnival either. My cousin actually won and the DJ kept saying, "Oh my god she's a pro!"...needless to say she had people following her the rest of the cruise, lol.

LOL I bet! I'll secretly admit I was kinda hoping they'd have it on Sensation. They didn't but maybe I would have entered. :o

I have to say, while I always scan through any ship reviews on here and totally appreciate the time and effort people take to write them, I usually don't read through beginning to end unless the review is about a ship that I will be sailing on next. When it comes to GAPearl's reviews, I read every single word and look at every single picture, and am usually sad when I get to that last post.

What an amazing review writer!!:)

P.S. - We will be sailing on the Splendor in 2 weeks, and I was thinking about going to Junkanoo Beach when we get to Nassau. Your pictures and review made my decision easy! Junkanoo....here we come!!:D

OMG thank you so much for all the nice words! I'm so happy you enjoy my cruise stories! Spoiler alert- I'll be writing more about Junkanoo Beach in the Sensation review, so don't miss it. Also I'm thinking of booking Splendor next fall. There's an awesome repo itinerary so we'll see!

You and MikeyA53...in the top five reviewers.:cool:

Well thank you! I'm proud to be in the same category as Mikey.

Love reading your reviews. You always have so much fun and it comes through in your writing and your photos.

We are going on the 16 days Panama Canal on the Imagination in January so I have a boring question to ask you. Does the Imagination have hair dryers, the ones in the desk drawer? Someone on our roll call said no but since it went into dry dock in September, I thought they might have added hair dryers. It would save having to pack one.

Thanks for reading! I'd love to do a Panama Canal cruise one day. 16 days at sea would be so awesome. I *think* I remember seeing hair dryers. I want to say it was in the top drawer. I never used one so I'm not 100% sure, so don't hold me to that. But I want to say yes, I saw one. Have a great time when you sail next month!

GAPearl, can't wait for the next review. Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. I always look to see if you have posted anything new, so I was excited to see this. Hurry and go on your cruise so we can follow your next review. Very excited!!! So good to see that you had an awesome time!

I'm going to get started on it tonight. Thanks for continuing to follow along!

I love the way you write.. now to go back and read more of your reviews!!

Thanks! Read the Valor review from 2013. It's my favorite one of them all. :)

Love, love, love your reviews Kim!

Andy Cohen--you heard it first from Kim here on CC. The next franchise will be "Real Housewives of Carnival Cruises!"

You are too nice to be a RH!

LOL!

Karen

Oh don't let this sweet face fool you. I can be feisty! LOL I have to be the first one cast in that franchise. hahaha :p

In the words sung by Cameo....Kim's living the single...single...single...life!!!

You go, little "man magnet!" Too funny that you would have a slew of hot firefighters on your cruise! Girl, I love it. :D What I like about you is that you have a good time with folks, but you do not compromise your integrity. Some other single women need to follow your example. You enjoy life, and I love it. I can't wait for the next cruise.

Oh indeed I am. If you look up single in the dictionary, there will be a huge picture right there of me. hahaha I almost booked the Sensation 4 day, but so glad I booked Imagination instead. That was a fun weekend. :D Thanks for all the nice words, I really appreciate it.

PaulMedik reviews too!

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

Yes! I loved his Breeze review earlier this year!

Yes, that's for sure!:) Great job as usual, Kim. I'm waiting to see how much fun you had on part 2.:):cool:

Heather

Thanks Heather! Stay tuned. :)

Agreed!

Thanks Belle!

Kim I really enjoyed your review can't wait for part 2!

Thanks a lot! Coming shortly!

I just love your reviews, and this one is no exception! You have such a zest for life. Thanks for the pics of the Imagination. I will be celebrating my 50th birthday on her in April 2014 with a group of 14 crazy women :eek:

Thanks so much! Oh my, that trip sounds like a lot of fun with plenty of trouble to be had. Have a great time and happy early birthday!

Thanks for writing up another fun review! Can't wait for Part 2 :)

You're so welcome! Thanks for reading!

You have really inspired me to right a review but then again I'm afraid it won't measure up to yours :). I really hope you can finish before I leave on my platnium cruise on the Sunshine Dec. 29!

You should! They're a fun way to relive your vacation. I'm sure you'd write a great review. I hope to have these finished in the next couple of days.

Hey Kim!

Sorry to hear things didn't work out with you and G. I know you'll find someone! But while you're waiting, keep living the wonderful, fun, single life! You have no problem meeting people! And LOL at your comment for Rochester ladies to burn something, hahahahah!! :p

Looking forward to the next review, too!

Hello again! :D Eh, c'est la vie. His loss. I wonder if the Atlanta firefighters are anything like the ones in Rochester. If so.....just kidding. :cool: LOL

I love your signature photo with Santa :p

Thanks! I made it to his naughty list. :D

Edited by gapearl

PART II: The Sensation Review!

Wednesday, 12/11

Orlando, FL

So many people here preach flying in the day before your cruise (myself included) in case your flight gets delayed, cancelled, has a mechanical issue, etc. Well sometimes it might not be the airline's fault, but your own. I overslept! :eek: I had planned on waking up at 6 am to leave for the airport at 7 am for my 9 am flight, but I didn't wake up until 9:30 am. I had set my wall alarm clock, as well as five alarms on my iphone, and I have no recollection of hearing or turning any of them off. I still had plenty of time to get to Orlando, but I was bummed because I had plans to visit with a good friend this morning. If you read my Navigator of the Seas review from last year, you've been introduced to my friend/coworker Jackie. Well Jackie had a beautiful baby girl three weeks ago, and I was anxious to see her and little Sophia for a little while. Unfortunately I missed her, as we both had afternoon plans. Hopefully we'll get to meet up later tonight or early in the morning before I leave for Port Canaveral.

I caught a 12:30 pm flight and landed in Orlando just before 2 pm to 85 sunny degrees. I got another rental car from Alamo for only $23. I love renting from Alamo because not only are they usually the cheapest, but they only hold the amount of your rental on your credit card. All the other places, such as Budget and Hertz, will hold an additional $200-300 deposit, and I hate that. As I did last time, I booked the cheapest economy car and I was able to choose any car from the row of compacts. I saw the cutest VW Beetle and had to get it. Rental cars are so much fun. I love driving a new car for a day or two that I know I'll never buy.

84eabf8e-43e5-41d4-b363-b2e9b9225d16_zps82cadff8.jpg

My hotel for the night was the Comfort Inn in Kissimmee, about 20-25 minutes from the airport. I had a large room with a fridge and microwave and a king bed. It was very comfortable. I settled in and dozed off for an hour.

6c247239-a514-4ae8-9180-d4748b042a5f_zps6f3d1710.jpg

After my nap, I touched up my hair and makeup and was headed out for the rest of the evening. But first, I had to stop at Publix, which was only a mile up the street. I picked up a few snacks, a bottle of wine, and some diapers. The diapers weren't for me, but for Jackie's baby. I still have a few more decades before I might need them for myself, hahaha. :D

Time to head to Downtown Disney! Downtown Disney is full of shopping, restaurants, and entertainment. My GPS had it as being less than 6 miles away, yet it took me over 30 minutes to get there. Traffic was bananas! I parked at entrance #4 (parking is free) and headed to meet an Orlando friend for dinner. We walked around hungry for a few minutes trying to decide on where to eat, and ended up at this really cool place called Splitsville. It's a bowling alley/restaurant/bar/sushi bar all in one. He ordered a sushi roll for himself and we split a BBQ chicken pizza. I also had a dragonberry mojito. I could have done without the $10 watery drink, but the pizza was really good.

He didn't get onions on his half, but I LOVE onions.

1db867b8-7a31-46c4-a257-b840a13be26e_zps9984b71f.jpg

5739ff82-4bd5-48ed-ac88-09c1bb1ce7f1_zps5ff0033d.jpg