Crashing after the Cruise

Lovedisneycruise

Now imagine how you would feel knowing you may never be able to sail with Disney again!!! That's me! Unless Disney comes back to port of Gal or goes to New Orleans, we aren't going to sail disney again. (Dh won't agree to the additional expense of flying, plus additional cost that go along with that-extra days boarding, more time off of work, hotel, all that).

OMG!:(:( Hopefully your DH will change his mind! I also have to fly, resort stay a day or 2 beforehand, plan for work time off--but to me, Disney is absolutely worth it!!

Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), I only have to check with myself for these kinds of things. It was hard enough when I had a boyfriend that thought getting excited for Disney was weird!:confused::rolleyes:

I have never sailed until our Dream cruise a few weeks ago. Since we started with Disney I don't know if we can "downgrade" onto another cruise line. I can say to help me ease the transition from the ship we did purchase our second cruise while still on the ship. Like OP our cruise isn't until next fall so we have a long wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carol, that's exactly how I started too--the Dream in 2011 and I was hooked! I guess it's good we will have time now to plan and save!!

Plus I'm thinking of going to WDW in the spring (possibly solo first time) to get a bigger Disney fix before the cruise!!:p

Now that's retirement!

I always end every vacation with planning for the next one, it helps. :) ...and Disney is the only cruiseline I've ever rebooked onboard. I'll be on other lines eventually, if the itinerary or price is right, but with Disney, it's a 'when' not an 'if'.

Now that's retirement!

I always end every vacation with planning for the next one, it helps. :) ...and Disney is the only cruiseline I've ever rebooked onboard. I'll be on other lines eventually, if the itinerary or price is right, but with Disney, it's a 'when' not an 'if'.

That's what we've done as well. We have a group that we've cruised with the past couple of years and chatting with them helps as well.

I am crashing too after disembarking 12/22 from the Dream. Planning a trip in 12/14.

Thinking of the Wonder as I prefer smaller ships. Any feedback?

Thanks in advance.

Angela

The Wonder happens to be my favorite of the four Disney ships. I prefer the smaller classic ships. Our next cruise is on the Magic and I'm looking forward to seeing the changes they have made on her.

Now that's retirement!

Tinabina, ITA!!!

The Wonder happens to be my favorite of the four Disney ships. I prefer the smaller classic ships. Our next cruise is on the Magic and I'm looking forward to seeing the changes they have made on her.

I am hoping to sail on the Wonder on an Alaskan cruise in the next few years. I've never been that far west, and will need a lot of work planning for the time off--but it's definitely on my list too!

We don't sail the Magic until next November, but I am looking forward to all her changes too.:D

I just booked the Wonder for 12/3/14. Super excited!

Booked a secret verandah and a navigators verandah next door due to all insides being a guarantee. Enjoy the extra space and bathroom with all the kids.

Looking forward already as I sit in the middle of Hercules. Love the storms name!:D

Angela

I just booked the Wonder for 12/3/14. Super excited!

Booked a secret verandah and a navigators verandah next door due to all insides being a guarantee. Enjoy the extra space and bathroom with all the kids.

Looking forward already as I sit in the middle of Hercules. Love the storms name!:D

Angela

Love4monsters, I just drove home from work in the Hercules mess :( so I am trying to unwind by reading these boards. But I agree it's a cool name!

Congrats on booking your December trip! Sounds like you can now get excited too.:p Wow I had NO idea there could be guaranty rates a year out--I thought that only happened at the full payment due date.:confused:

And what on earth is a "secret verandah"?? I thought I was starting to know a lot about DCL, but this is a new term to me!

LOVE IT! I brought home the h2o products...I still smell the cruise...

I completely forgot that I did grab one each of the body butter, shampoo and conditioner to bring home! You are correct that it totally brings back the cruise feeling--I love to wait and use them when I'm desperately sick of winter!:D

Yep! I concur about the lotions and shampoos. That sea kelp is unique and really helps get the sailing feeling back at least momentarily. Twinkie upgraded and bought the cleansing bath salts from the spa, so she has even more to literally relax in from the cruise!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Love4monsters, I just drove home from work in the Hercules mess :( so I am trying to unwind by reading these boards. But I agree it's a cool name!

Congrats on booking your December trip! Sounds like you can now get excited too.:p Wow I had NO idea there could be guaranty rates a year out--I thought that only happened at the full payment due date.:confused:

And what on earth is a "secret verandah"?? I thought I was starting to know a lot about DCL, but this is a new term to me!

I am in Ohio and it is wickedly cold here. We have rabbits in our barn and I have been fussing over them today. We are supposed to get more snow/ice Sunday/Monday with even lower temps to start the week. YUCK!

The secret verandahs are a navigator class with an open verandah with a slight obstruction. I really wanted an inside room across the hall for the monsters but they are all guarantee. Hoping one comes open before then due to the older kids -one who will be 17 1/2 - staying in their own room. It wasn't a ton more for the second verandah room and to know we are all close is worth it.

Bummed that there are no aft rooms except for HA. Our last 3 cruises have been aft balconies and I love it! There is an accessible deck on 7 aft which I will be hanging out on but I enjoy the late evenings on the balcony. We have 3teen boys and a 6 year old boy so he is always sleeping with us.

When is your next cruise planned?

Angela

I am in Ohio and it is wickedly cold here. We have rabbits in our barn and I have been fussing over them today. We are supposed to get more snow/ice Sunday/Monday with even lower temps to start the week. YUCK!

The secret verandahs are a navigator class with an open verandah with a slight obstruction. I really wanted an inside room across the hall for the monsters but they are all guarantee. Hoping one comes open before then due to the older kids -one who will be 17 1/2 - staying in their own room. It wasn't a ton more for the second verandah room and to know we are all close is worth it.

Bummed that there are no aft rooms except for HA. Our last 3 cruises have been aft balconies and I love it! There is an accessible deck on 7 aft which I will be hanging out on but I enjoy the late evenings on the balcony. We have 3teen boys and a 6 year old boy so he is always sleeping with us.

When is your next cruise planned?

Angela

Hi Angela! I am in SW PA, so experiencing some of the same weather as you. Thanks for the info on the secret verandah. I've heard there are some very large aft balconies, but for us, we prefer the forward rooms--we usually get the forward 4E with the extended balconies and I'm spoiled by those because I love sitting out in the evenings too.

I was a little disappointed because apparently the Magic doesn't have the 4E extended verandahs like the bigger ships do, so we took a room in the same general area with a regular balcony. Our next cruise isn't until November 2014, but I started researching port adventures this week!:p

Hi Angela! I am in SW PA, so experiencing some of the same weather as you. Thanks for the info on the secret verandah. I've heard there are some very large aft balconies, but for us, we prefer the forward rooms--we usually get the forward 4E with the extended balconies and I'm spoiled by those because I love sitting out in the evenings too.

I was a little disappointed because apparently the Magic doesn't have the 4E extended verandahs like the bigger ships do, so we took a room in the same general area with a regular balcony. Our next cruise isn't until November 2014, but I started researching port adventures this week!:p

After reading your message, I had to of course google the front balconies! We might have to try those too someday.

We have typically cruise NCL - love their freestyle dining and the suite amenities. I also prefer their ports in the Western Caribbean. I absolutely loved the family activities on Disney. Never had to worry about inappropriate comments or situations with activities. Our time is crushed due to our older 3 boys and their sports/clubs in high school.

Stay warm!