any one win a cruise playing bingo

bullsh

My dw won a free cruise by playing bingo. Has any one else won and have used their certificate. I am not sure if understanding it properly. Pick 3 sailing dates and they will tell you within 30 days of sail date which date and room categories that you get?

Thank you in advance

Do you mean playing bingo on the ship? The certificate you're describing doesn't sound like what I've heard that Royal Caribbean does for their bingo winners.

What you're describing sounds like a promotional offer from things like timeshares.

I won once back in 2004 when it was a single $15 game. You pick the ship you want and three dates that you can sail in order of preference. They gave me the first date I wanted. You are also able to pay the difference for an upgrade to a higher category.

Congrats on winning the cruise!

Neda

Do you mean playing bingo on the ship? The certificate you're describing doesn't sound like what I've heard that Royal Caribbean does for their bingo winners.

What you're describing sounds like a promotional offer from things like timeshares.

Yes she won on the Jewel last week

I won once back in 2004 when it was a single $15 game. You pick the ship you want and three dates that you can sail in order of preference. They gave me the first date I wanted. You are also able to pay the difference for an upgrade to a higher category.

Congrats on winning the cruise!

Neda

Thank you

Did you have to wait until 30 days prior to sail date to find out which sail date and room you get or did they let you know shortly after you sent in the paper work

Yes she won on the Jewel last week

Wow, I had no idea that the free cruise had any kind of restrictions on it. I thought the one that RCI gave away was just good for any cruise and you got to pick your sailing and that was it.

I guess if you plan far enough in advance and have a bit of flexibility, it can still work out. In my case, I usually have specific weeks that work, so it'd be a bit more challenging.

I won several years ago on the Grandeur. What you are describing is what I had to do. I received my first choice.

There were numerous restrictions for a cruise---no holidays, it had to be a cruise of a certain length, it had to be a Caribbean cruise, we could not pick a new ship at that time. You had to pay your taxes and port fees.

It was for an OV room, if you wanted to upgrade, you had to see if any were available and you pay the difference.

We went on the Independence and it was a fabulous cruise. Great deal for taxes and fees. We had lots of fun.

Edited by starlake

I won on Celebrity. We got a certificate for a specific ship and it was for Alaska, but all that was disclosed before playing. We had 12 months to use and we paid for upgrade with no problem. We went over 4th of July and had no issues. Also had no problem adding my two daughters to the room. Had a great time!

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

I won several years ago on the Grandeur. What you are describing is what I had to do. I received my first choice.

There were numerous restrictions for a cruise---no holidays, it had to be a cruise of a certain length, it had to be a Caribbean cruise, we could not pick a new ship at that time. You had to pay your taxes and port fees.

It was for an OV room, if you wanted to upgrade, you had to see if any were available and you pay the difference.

We went on the Independence and it was a fabulous cruise. Great deal for taxes and fees. We had lots of fun.

We won one on the Explorer last Feb. This pretty much describes what we had to do also. It also had to be used within 1 year. We got our first choice and were notified within a couple days of RC getting our info. Didn't have to wait until 30 day before cruise. That would be very difficult to plan for:(

We are going on Adventure on Jan 12. We paid for the upgrade and scored an aft balcony :D

Call the number on the certificate and they will walk you thru what needs to be done. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

I won a cruise playing bingo on our December 2012 cruise.

It was in February of 2013 that I was able to book and get confirmation for the cruise out of San Juan we took in November 2013. I think I may have sent an email to the address listed and after speaking to someone on the phone sent the certificate to Miami.

We upgraded from the outside view state room to a balcony room paying the difference.

We haven't received any C and A points and I am just now researching what steps I should take since I did in fact pay money towards the cruise....

I just won a free cruise on the Explorer in november playing bingo. I was a little nervous at first that I would not get to use it because of the restrictions but I was wrong. There is a special department you call just for bingo winners. They are sooo helpful! They told me to pick my top 3 sailings I wanted but if I really could just do 1 of them write it on the cert. You then have to send in the cert by certified mail. Make sure you keep a copy. You will then get am email in about 2 weeks with your cruise info and costs. We were adding my son and upgrading to a balcony.

Of course I wanted to use it on Oasis or Allure. The price they gave was more than I was willing to pay because I already have another vacation planned next year. I called RC again and they were very helpful. The woman who helped me looked at several of the dates/itineraries and found 1 that was reasonable. She also added an additional discount.

My advice is send the cert in right away, then call and speak with a rep after you receive your email. They will do whatever they can to help you out.

Congratulations on your win and I cant wait to play bingo again!