Carnival Match Lower Prices without Early Saver?

boowaaccaa

We usually book way in advance and book Early Saver. This time we booked late because we decided late. Our total cabin is now $70 cheaper. I called Carnival and they will not match the price, offer on board credit, move us etc..

Historically we have gotten the price match in the form of an on board credit but we have never booked as late as we did (one day before final payment) for this trip.

Anyone have any success with this?

We usually book way in advance and book Early Saver. This time we booked late because we decided late. Our total cabin is now $70 cheaper. I called Carnival and they will not match the price, offer on board credit, move us etc..

Historically we have gotten the price match in the form of an on board credit but we have never booked as late as we did (one day before final payment) for this trip.

The never do any price match, OBC or upgrades after final payment if it's not booked ES. If they did, then people wouldn't book ES to get that protection.

Now you know what ES is? Of course you can't get a price reduction or OBC after final without ES

Edited by SeaUs

Thanks all. No harm in asking.

I was a little confused because the day after we booked our cabin category was $10 cheaper. Not much but I thought I would call and ask. She said I could get the new rate if I switched rooms. So I thought maybe that was the case now but I guess that is only because we just booked.

Thanks all. No harm in asking.

I was a little confused because the day after we booked our cabin category was $10 cheaper. Not much but I thought I would call and ask. She said I could get the new rate if I switched rooms. So I thought maybe that was the case now but I guess that is only because we just booked.

I think there is either a 24 or 48 price guarantee when you book. That's what you must have gotten for the first price drop.

We did the same booked a cruise recently and did not do ES as well, what I do now is NOT LOOK at the carnival website :D, because I am told numerous times that they cannot give me OBC due to no price protection. Good luck let me know if you get anywhere with it, than I will start to look again.