Merry Christmas from the Upgrade Fairy

Loyal2RCCL

The Upgrade Fairy is in the holiday mood and has gifted us with upgrades to a JS on both Majesty and Legend cruises.

Now if I could just get the laundry finished and packing done.

Good for you! May I ask how you had your upgrade preference set on Royal's web site?

Good for you! May I ask how you had your upgrade preference set on Royal's web site?

Thanks.. the other night I was checking prices for the MJ cruise and they had JS's listed for only $130 more total. I was tempted to upgrade then, but decided I would take my chances and wait 24 hours. Of course the next day, they were sold out and we still had our original cabin. This morning I pulled up my reservation and saw they upgraded us so I'm glad I waited.

I have my upgrade preference set to "automatically upgrade". I only change this if I'm sailing Oasis or Allure and don't want to be moved to a CP or BW balcony which in my opinion is no upgrade.

That is good news!!!! Enjoy...

I think that she's working overtime:

we have been upgraded to a JS also, on Liberty Dec 30.... Woohoo

Finally, after 60 cruises :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Very nice!! Congrats.. the JS's on the Freedom class ships are very nice.

They've had a lot of empty cabins this holiday season, so I'm not surprised the Upgrade Fairy has been busy.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks.. the other night I was checking prices for the MJ cruise and they had JS's listed for only $130 more total. I was tempted to upgrade then, but decided I would take my chances and wait 24 hours. Of course the next day, they were sold out and we still had our original cabin. This morning I pulled up my reservation and saw they upgraded us so I'm glad I waited.

I have my upgrade preference set to "automatically upgrade". I only change this if I'm sailing Oasis or Allure and don't want to be moved to a CP or BW balcony which in my opinion is no upgrade.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm just trying to get a feel for whether people still get upgrades if they want a phone call first.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm just trying to get a feel for whether people still get upgrades if they want a phone call first.

I'm leary of checking the box to have them call me first. What happens if you're not available to take their upgrade call? Do they just move on to the next person on the list?

I'm not too picky on where my cabin is located, so an upgrade of any kind is usually welcome.

We actually got lucky with the MJ upgrade and they gave me one of my preferred JS's... cabin 1588 which gets far less overhead noise than those directly under the main part of the pool deck.

I'm leary of checking the box to have them call me first. What happens if you're not available to take their upgrade call? Do they just move on to the next person on the list?

I'm not too picky on where my cabin is located, so an upgrade of any kind is usually welcome.

We actually got lucky with the MJ upgrade and they gave me one of my preferred JS's... cabin 1588 which gets far less overhead noise than those directly under the main part of the pool deck.

It used to be they would leave a message and you had 24 hours to respond. I don't know if they still have that policy.

Edited by clarea

It used to be they would leave a message and you had 24 hours to respond. I don't know if they still have that policy.

I remember that well. I actually missed an upgrade because I was out of the country and missed the 24 hour window to call them back.

Now with the automatic option, I wonder how they handle upgrades for those wanting a call first?