Finally got an upsell call and...

bluewater723

I missed it! I called right back and the PVP that answered confirmed that it was an upsell call. Sadly, she also said that I couldn't get transferred and I would have to wait for them to call me back. Harrumph!

I will be happy with the room we booked but I sure do hope they call back.

Hold out for a free upgrade!

I can dream, right?! I would be over the moon if I got a free upgrade!

I'd be happy with the upsell offer, though. The category right above me has hardly sold and my category is sold out. I'm hoping they'll call back. *fingers crossed!*

I missed it! I called right back and the PVP that answered confirmed that it was an upsell call. Sadly, she also said that I couldn't get transferred and I would have to wait for them to call me back. Harrumph!

I will be happy with the room we booked but I sure do hope they call back.

We were offered an upsell which we declined at first. After reconsidering I called our pvp and he gave us the woman's extension and I called her directly to take the upsell. I don't understand why he said you would have to wait for a call back.

Hold out for a free upgrade!

I received three calls on Wednesday while we were out and about, one voicemail. It was Carnival saying that I was on a list ( I'm always on a list) for a "complimentary upgrade". I thought ya ya, for how much. She did call back the following day. I HAD a aft wrap, that apparently they wanted. Long enough story, I did upgrade to an Ocean Suite at NO COST to me. It was a tough decision, but decided to go for it.

The following is based on two things. First, a platinum passenger on a Carnival cruise that would like to upgrade, second, a shareholder that wants to see revenues and net income improve.

We were on the Fascination sailing out of Jacksonville on December 9, 2013. We had an inside cabin. The ship had 13 balconies available at the time of sailing. How do I know? I confirmed it first with their online service and then a call to my PVP. She could not do anything to help me with my cabin status because upgrades come from a hidden department within Carnival that will not take incoming calls, but she did recommend that I talk to someone at the Purser desk upon boarding to see if they could help. No luck there. I was willing to pay $200 to $300 more on the spot if they would move me, the PVP and Purser desk said there was nothing they were allowed to do. I am Platinum, so you would think there was some procedure to get this done to improve the ship's revenue. But, no luck.

Why did I book an inside cabin, you may ask. I am in sales. I was having a good year and could purchase a cruise at the lower cost. But the year turned out to be a great year and wanted to celebrate with a balcony.

So, I ask this as a shareholder that wants to see a higher revenue, thus a higher stock price. Why does Carnival sail with empty balconies when some passengers are willing to pay an upgrade price? How do they justify not maximizing the revenue potential of each cruise?

I think I need to go to the next shareholder meeting to see if they have the smarts and balls to answer this question of lost revenue opportunities.

T

So, I ask this as a shareholder that wants to see a higher revenue, thus a higher stock price. Why does Carnival sail with empty balconies when some passengers are willing to pay an upgrade price? How do they justify not maximizing the revenue potential of each cruise?

I think I need to go to the next shareholder meeting to see if they have the smarts and balls to answer this question of lost revenue opportunities.

I too am Platinum and a shareholder and I can understand your position, but you might not know whats going on behind the scenes. But before I go any further I would like to ask a question. Were you willing to pay brochure rates for that cabin? Or should I say a rate that was available to the general public in accordance with early savers or super savers? also did you choose your cabin?

Have you ever been to the stockholder meeting? Just how do you think you would ask that question? I would love to see it, but unless you are on the agenda I don't see an answer other than a simple "there are too many variables with our different saver programs that would make any cabin change less than 48 hours to sailing impossible"

Edited by cocoabeachcruiser

The following is based on two things. First, a platinum passenger on a Carnival cruise that would like to upgrade, second, a shareholder that wants to see revenues and net income improve.

We were on the Fascination sailing out of Jacksonville on December 9, 2013. We had an inside cabin. The ship had 13 balconies available at the time of sailing. How do I know? I confirmed it first with their online service and then a call to my PVP. She could not do anything to help me with my cabin status because upgrades come from a hidden department within Carnival that will not take incoming calls, but she did recommend that I talk to someone at the Purser desk upon boarding to see if they could help. No luck there. I was willing to pay $200 to $300 more on the spot if they would move me, the PVP and Purser desk said there was nothing they were allowed to do. I am Platinum, so you would think there was some procedure to get this done to improve the ship's revenue. But, no luck.

Why did I book an inside cabin, you may ask. I am in sales. I was having a good year and could purchase a cruise at the lower cost. But the year turned out to be a great year and wanted to celebrate with a balcony.

Forgive me for asking, but was an upgrade not possible for you when you spoke with your PVP? I'm kinda surprised that a paid upgrade wasn't possible. I read about them all the time here. Maybe I'm missing something?

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app