Staying in the Warehouse District?

MickeyNicki

I have found the warehouse district to be considerably more economical than the French Quarters. I was wondering if anyone had ever stayed there, and how convenient it was. We are traveling with our family of 4 (two kids). We want to visit the French Quarters for dinner and walk around a bit, but won't be doing any of the nightlife. It looked like we could take the trolley. Is that possible? We are only coming in for an afternoon/evening before our cruise. Thanks for any advice you can share.

"Short walk" is variable and can be a LONG walk depending where you are and where you want to go. I don't stay in the Warehouse district due to the distances for my touring priority. The CBD is a more convenient area for the FQ to also consider.

I suggest you FIRST figure out where you are going and going to dine. Then find a hotel in the nearby area.

The Streetcar is never referred to as a "trolley". :) And the Riverfront streetcar does not run very frequently. There are more frequent buses to perhaps also consider, if needed and you continue in the warehouse district.

My daughter and I stayed in the warehouse district and walked to the French Quarter and one night took the taxi back. Would I choose to do that again, nope, not worth it. Like budget said, the central business district (CBD) is a more economical choice and much closer to the french quarter.

You'll be fine if you are willing to drive. There are several parking lots in the Quarter that make it easy to stop there and explore for a couple of hours, then not have to worry about the street cars to get back to the hotel. The one I usually park in is located where Toulouse meets Decatur, and should not be more than $10 for 4 hours or so.