Drinks in the spa??

Linnynad

Doing a girls getaway on the CTN.........the ship doesn't leave port till 6pm I think, we have a spa stateroom booked and we would love to get in there as soon as we can and possible sit on a longer while sailing away. Can you see the sights from there? Can you have a cocktail as well? Can we bring one in??

Thanks for any tips.

I'll be interested in hearing the answer to this one too...

Richard/Tralfie

PS: Sorry, Linnyad. You probably got all excited thinking someone had answered your question... LOL

LOL!!!!! I did!!!! But I'm glad I'm not the only one who is curious.........;)

I frequent the spa on my NCL cruises, and I've never seen a drink service, let alone an alcoholic drink service, in the spa. This goes for the other lines I've sailed with. Usually there is a small area set aside with self-service iced water (flavored with various citrus fruits), hot water, and assorted teas.

It'd be difficult to find a spa anywhere, either land or sea, that'll serve alcoholic drinks. Alcohol is a poison, and your body's natural response to alcohol consumption makes you extremely dehydrated. Spa activities also make you extremely dehydrated, and when combined, the results can be deadly. Several years ago, I made the foolhardy mistake of drinking a few glasses of wine during dinner, and then spending some time in the spa's thermal suite. A huge mistake. I nearly passed out in the steam room because I did not understand how dangerous the combination of the two could be.

Doing a girls getaway on the CTN.........the ship doesn't leave port till 6pm I think, we have a spa stateroom booked and we would love to get in there as soon as we can and possible sit on a longer while sailing away. Can you see the sights from there? Can you have a cocktail as well? Can we bring one in??

Thanks for any tips.

On all the cruises I have been on I can't recall one that the spa was opened for use on embarkation day. The staff is pretty busy on this day giving tours, booking services, etc. Don't think you would get booted off the loungers, but there is so much noise and traffic in the spa on embarkation day I don't think it would be a very fun atmosphere for sailaway.

As the previous poster mentioned no alcohol is served or allowed to be brought into the spa because in addition to the potential of causing severe dehydration when you combine alcohol consumption with sweating, the floors can be very slippery and hard enough to walk on when straight, add a few drinks to that and you've got all your ducks lined up for sustaining a fall that may cause some serious injuries.

On all the cruises I have been on I can't recall one that the spa was opened for use on embarkation day. The staff is pretty busy on this day giving tours, booking services, etc. Don't think you would get booted off the loungers, but there is so much noise and traffic in the spa on embarkation day I don't think it would be a very fun atmosphere for sailaway.

The Breakaway Spa was in full swing during sailaway! Our sailaway was very crowded due to a school break, and I slipped away from my family to sign up DH and I. I was very envious of all of the patrons on the heated loungers. They must have signed up before muster, and run right to the Spa. I was very jealous.