Paying for Shore Excursions

resordanis

Hi all,

We are going on our first NCL cruise in March. We are currently looking at the Shore Excursions on line and they are asking for Credit Card Payment. Can someone please tell me whether they debit my CC straight away or does that not happen till we are on board? I thought that the amount for the shore excursion would go onto my cruise card? Just wanting to know this information as we have a reasonable OBC and want to utilize it. If they debit the card we might just have to take our chances and wait till we are on board.

Thanks in advance.:confused:

Hi all,

We are going on our first NCL cruise in March. We are currently looking at the Shore Excursions on line and they are asking for Credit Card Payment. Can someone please tell me whether they debit my CC straight away or does that not happen till we are on board? I thought that the amount for the shore excursion would go onto my cruise card? Just wanting to know this information as we have a reasonable OBC and want to utilize it. If they debit the card we might just have to take our chances and wait till we are on board.

Thanks in advance.:confused:

If you book it now you'll pay for it now. On our recent cruise on the Pearl we pre-booked one excursion and paid for it same day. Then, while on the cruise, decided the night before to book an excursion for the next day and used our OBC.

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

If you book it now you'll pay for it now. On our recent cruise on the Pearl we pre-booked one excursion and paid for it same day. Then, while on the cruise, decided the night before to book an excursion for the next day and used our OBC.

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the information, will now just have to work out whether we wait or book on board.;)

NCL went to the "pay now" for all shore excursions about 2 years ago. You can wait until you board but some excursions sell out and is best to book prior to booking. For example, any excursion on St John has a good chance to sell out.

NCL was good on GSC with the snorkeling excursion. The water was cloudy and they told people they could get a refund if they wanted. HOWEVER, if you took the equipment and went in the water, there was no refund. You had your chance to cancel prior to taking any equipment.

As an FYI, same goes for specialty restaurants. If you book before you board, you pay for them then. If you book while onboard, you goes onto your onboard account.
:

Yes, I did realise this. I did want to book prior but read on CC that I would be charged. We will wait till we get on board. Thanks all:D