Never been to Florida

hannahsmomtoo

As a Georgia resident (and former Florida resident) we joke that Jacksonville is more Sourhern Georgia than Florida. :o

As mentioned above, the port of JAX Is a very easy ride from the airport. Yes, the Holiday Inn Express is the closest but I would prefer the hotels near the JAX airport. We've stayed at the Spring Hill Suites but I prefer the Aloft which is right across the street from a major shopping area with tons of places to eat and even a Wal Mart for last minute supplies (interestingly, on the various occasions I've stayed at the Aloft, I've seen the Fascination crews shopping at Wal Mart). You can catch the free hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then take a quick taxi to the port in the morning.

Edited by Tapi

You can also stay close to the airport. There are shuttle services available at the airport that will get you to the port as well. We did rent a car from the airport for a day (very affordable if you're going to be in JAX for a day and not having to rely on using a taxi to get everywhere), then returned it to the airport and took the shuttle from the airport to the cruise port.

As a Georgia resident (and former Florida resident) we joke that Jacksonville is more Sourhern Georgia than Florida. :o

Lol, I am from Tallahassee and you are right. There is a line somewhere near Gainesville that separates the Florida most people know from north Florida which is much more like south Georgia.

Lol, I am from Tallahassee and you are right. There is a line somewhere near Gainesville that separates the Florida most people know from north Florida which is much more like south Georgia.

Couldn't agree more. Born and raised in Jax, now live in GA. We refer to Jax as the largest town in South GA. :D