Cruise Taster

maisy1966

The problem I have with the shorty cruise and 1st time cruiser is.

The 1 and 2 day cruises have a different makeup of passengers . Its more of a party atmosphere . Hit hard and go home. The seven day or longer has a much more relaxed feel. This is why I never suggest a short cruise for a first timer.. But if you feel they can look past that then go for it .

;)

This 2 day cruise is part of a longer cruise on the Spirit- Here is how it works in January (for example):

January 13- two groups will board in Malaga- Group 1 will be 2 days to Barcelona. Group 2 will be 9 days round trip to Malaga (Including Barcelona, Morocco, The Canarys, Madeira, back to Malaga).

January 15th- Group 3 will board in Barcelona- 9 days round trip (Morocco, The Canarys, Madeira, Malaga, back to Barcelona).

January 22- Group 2 will disembark in Malaga. Group 4 will board for their 2 day cruise to Barcelona.

January 24 Group 3 and Group 4 will disembark in Barcelona.

My suspicions would be that this two day cruise would be much less of a booze cruise, due to the higher number of passengers that are on the longer cruise.

Edited by TracieABD

• 2 weeks later...
This 2 day cruise is part of a longer cruise on the Spirit- Here is how it works in January (for example):

January 13- two groups will board in Malaga- Group 1 will be 2 days to Barcelona. Group 2 will be 9 days round trip to Malaga (Including Barcelona, Morocco, The Canarys, Madeira, back to Malaga).

January 15th- Group 3 will board in Barcelona- 9 days round trip (Morocco, The Canarys, Madeira, Malaga, back to Barcelona).

January 22- Group 2 will disembark in Malaga. Group 4 will board for their 2 day cruise to Barcelona.

January 24 Group 3 and Group 4 will disembark in Barcelona.

Does NCL actually offer the 2-day cruise from Barcelona to Málaga (your "Group 1") or do you have to go through some specialized agent? And do you happen to know why they don't offer the 2-day from Málaga to Barcelona more regularly (i.e., at the end of all of their Barcelona RT cruises)? The only other departure I see on the NCL site for 2014 is in late April.

Separate from the planned 2 day booze cruise issues, there are some other reasons that a short cruise is often a bad idea.

First day onboard is tied up with check-in, dealing with luggage, safety drill, finding your way around etc.

Second night you are packing up and getting ready to leave.

That leaves very little time to chill out, relax, get into cruise life.

For some people, it still works. But to be honest, it is not cruising.