Room Amenities- Fantasy

Paradisefound619

We will be sailing on the Fantasy on Thursday! This is our first time on this ship but we have sailed on Carnival one other time in 2007 on the Glory.

I am wondering what type of room amenities we will have on the Fantasy, specifically in the toiletry department. We are doing carry on only since we are flying from Minneapolis. I know we can stop at a store once in Charleston to get what we need but what things will be in the room already that I won't need to bother bringing or buying?

From what I have read on the boards, I think shampoo and shower gel. Am I right on this (maybe someone who has been on recently can answer)? Anything else?

Thank you!

Julie

Yes there is shampoo and body wash in the shower but you may wanna buy your own once you get to Charleston. The shampoo dries my hair out and the body wash dries my skin out.

You also get a basket of items in the bathroom but that is a hit or miss as to what you may get

Don't plan on goodies being there. What happens to be supplied are manufacturer samples, not things from Carnival. My last cruise goodie was toothpaste. Local drugstores and Walmart carry many travel size things.Don't forget your hairdryer.

Edited by RuthlessBoss
added hairdryer

Just left Fantasy yesterday...there is shampoo and body wash in shower for your use. ALso had 4 travel size tubes of Arm and Hammer toothpaste, travel size shampoo and conditioner and body wash, and individual no name soap.Have fun, we did!

The only things in the bathroom are shampoo and shower gel (in the shower), a round bar of soap, flimsy toilet paper (made for use on a ship) and very flimsy kleenex tissue.

I always take conditioner. The shampoo and salt air dries out the hair. I also take kleenex as the stuff provided shreds and is almost useless.

The freebie give aways provided as an advertisement have become sparse and may include breathe right strips, toothpaste sample, shampoo sample. May or may not even be there.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Thanks for all the responses to far! Forgot about the yucky toilet paper....ouch :(. Oh well!

I have Kleenex packed and will probably bring a small shower gel once I see how much my hubby is bringing. We can only bring so much in our carry on with the 3-1-1 airline rules. Will bring the must haves and probably stop in Charleston on the way to port. Will need to get our wine anyway!

Can't wait! Starting to get so excited now that I am on winter vacation (I teach kindergarten!)

Julie

You can get wipes to keep the toilet paper from tearing you up ,just don't try and flush them down the toilet.

Please be kind to your neighbor with whom you share a sewer system with. There is a closet between the cabins, and our toilet kept back up or not working. They came and opened the closet and low and behold, they pulled out wipes. They told them 5 times that we heard and they kept doing it - if it was just their toilet - fine, but it was ours too.

I've sailed the Fantasy a few times and the only time that we had a hair dryer was in a Veranda Suite, I would assume that the grand suite would also have a hair dryer.

The times we stayer inside or oceanview we got a dryer from the steward.