Excursion prices vary from week to week

crooooze

We're booked on a B2B on the Dream for next summer. Both cruises stop at Cozumel.

I just found out that many of the same exact excursions vary by as much as $5 pp between the two weeks.

What kind of bunk is that?? I can understand cruise prices varying. But the excursion costs should not!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Makes sense to me. Tour operators are running a business, they do their research on how and when they can make the most. Like anything, prices wax and wane depending on supply and demand.

For starters it depends on the day.

An excursion taking place on a Monday will cost less than one on a Saturday which is prime tour time.

Also the week could make a difference.

You said "summer" but if your b2b straddles a general school start/stop(mid June or late August) or 4th of July holiday that could also change prices.

Finally, have you checked how many ships are in port on those days? More tourists=different prices.

Though the trips may seem the same to you, to people trying to make money, each leg is quite different.

Edited by Lerin