Opinions of beach West Bay Beach tour providers

nanacallie

We plan to go to West Bay Beach 1/22. We had thought we would book with Bananarama - $40. includes transportation, chair, drink, snorkel gear for 2 hours. However, I read a review where someone had trouble getting them to provide transportation back to the ship. Also, I got an email asking for full payment upfront by me emailing my credit card number (in 2 separate emails - "for security" reasons or calling a phone number. I am hesitant to do this. Has anyone booked with Bananarama in this manner? We really just want to spend the day at the beach and don't want a tour of the island. We really just need transportation and snorkel rental - at least the fins and a float vest. I see Rony's has a $30pp. with a group transportation and Island Marketing has $33.pp. Any opinions are welcomed. Any other suggestions of transportation is welcome. There are just the two of us.

I had the same concerns as you with bananarama.

I didn't want to pay the entire fee up front and I also read similar reviews as you did. So we booked thru island marketing. They will take us back and forth to banarama. Only had to Put a deposit down and had good reviews.

Lots of official taxis at the port. We took one ($20 for 2) over to West Bay Beach. Rented 2 cheap chairs and had a wonderful beach day. The taxi driver even waited for us (all day!) to take back to ship. There were places to eat, so maybe they rent snorkle gear. Or you can take your own. I wouldn't do an "excursion" unless I was touring, but that's just me. Easy to get taxis to beaches in Caribbean.

We plan to go to West Bay Beach 1/22. We had thought we would book with Bananarama - $40. includes transportation, chair, drink, snorkel gear for 2 hours. However, I read a review where someone had trouble getting them to provide transportation back to the ship. Also, I got an email asking for full payment upfront by me emailing my credit card number (in 2 separate emails - "for security" reasons or calling a phone number. I am hesitant to do this. Has anyone booked with Bananarama in this manner? We really just want to spend the day at the beach and don't want a tour of the island. We really just need transportation and snorkel rental - at least the fins and a float vest. I see Rony's has a $30pp. with a group transportation and Island Marketing has $33.pp. Any opinions are welcomed. Any other suggestions of transportation is welcome. There are just the two of us.

This is how we booked Bananarama twice. No issues with payment or with getting back from port. That said, we absolutely LOVED Rony. We did a freestyle tour that was ziplining @ Pirates and then afternoon at West Bay. You can choose where to go. See his site and the link on the freestyle tour that shows the add-ons. Lists spots along West Bay, costs, pros/cons.

http://www.ronystours.com/add-ons.html